Bob's Power

Adds new power structures.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Power

b Bobs Enrichment process unavailable

3 years ago

Hey, I just came across this bug in my playthrough - the bobingabout enrichment process technology appears on the research queue, but it reads (Unavailable) and is red.

I'm not sure if this is a bug with bob's or angel's or something else but it basically makes it impossible for me to launch rockets cause the RTG requires plutonium.

I saw someone else had the same problem before and it was due to one of his mods, which I don't have so I'm really stuck here, none of the mods I have seem to be related at all.

If this is not the proper place to resolve this, could someone link me to where it is? Like some discord server or something.

Also lmk if you think the mod's list I'm running could help figure this out, I'll happily make it.

3 years ago

Figured it out.

If you're using bob's revamp mod, and you enablethe nuclear power overhaul option, then you have to enable the Nuclear Fuel update in the Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod too, otherwise they conflict or something and the recipes are disabled.

Just leaving it here in case someone else comes across this.

3 years ago

I don't think it's those two options conflicting. There is a difference between the two methods, with the fuel update turned off, it has a requirement of thorium reprocessing, but with it turned on the requirement is changed to nuclear fuel reprocessing. In both cases, it is dependant on Kovarex process.

I also know that Angel's mods do something with Kovarex process, perhaps the conflict is with how Angels interacts with the settings, not just my own?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This is an issue I am having as well. It’s making power difficult, as I can only have so many solar panels. I will try the suggestion you posted when i log in later and let you know if it works!

Update: Unfortunately, when I went into mod settings, there was no 'nuclear' option under "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod,' and hence, still have the issue.

Basically in the tech-tree, the only pre-req for bobbing about enrichment is kovarex enrichment, and when i try to start i research on it, it says that not all prereq's have been researched. I'm running the full set of bobs and angels mods plus a few others.

3 years ago

This is an issue I am having as well. It’s making power difficult, as I can only have so many solar panels. I will try the suggestion you posted when i log in later and let you know if it works!

Update: Unfortunately, when I went into mod settings, there was no 'nuclear' option under "Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod,' and hence, still have the issue.

Basically in the tech-tree, the only pre-req for bobbing about enrichment is kovarex enrichment, and when i try to start i research on it, it says that not all prereq's have been researched. I'm running the full set of bobs and angels mods plus a few others.

Angels overwrites Bobs, if you have Angels mods installed, then I can't really help you, as he changes so much stuff... Lets just say, it's hard enough to keep track of everything my own mods do when I have to keep track of all the different settings, so, I've never really learned how the ever changing angels mods change things in mine.

I do know however they Angels mods DELETES things from mine, including settings.

3 years ago

Figured it out.

If you're using bob's revamp mod, and you enablethe nuclear power overhaul option, then you have to enable the Nuclear Fuel update in the Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod too, otherwise they conflict or something and the recipes are disabled.

Is it possible to change it on "current save"? I'm already very deep in my play and I don't want to start again.

3 years ago

It's not even a setting, its another mod deleting it on purpose. I don't know which mod exactly though.

3 years ago

You have to install BoBs ores i dont konw why but in my case that did Fix the problem and also Adds 2 new ways to get Plutonium..... Thats really strange (1.1.19)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am still having this issue, anyone come up with a solution that works? EDIT: Found out that if I removed Bobs Ores it now works....

2 years ago

Figured it out.

Is it possible to change it on "current save"? I'm already very deep in my play and I don't want to start again.

When my game became unplayabe I use a "cheat" consol commad:

/c game.player.force.technologies['bobingabout-enrichment-process'].researched=true

"achievements will be permanently disabled for the save as soon as you use a script command"

New response