Bob's Power

Adds new power structures.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Power

g Last update rmoved Steam Engine 1.

4 years ago

I see it as prerequisite for 2, which i have researched, but I need to research it again (from steam science). Nothing agsint it, but right now i have no production for steam science set up ;) And a whole 500mw Steam 2 power plant - so, in a way the update broke the game.

4 years ago

That sounds odd, Steam engine 1 should still be there, the only time it isn't is when it's on steam power research, IF you have "Burner phase" turned on in Bobtech... it is turned off by default due to compatabillity issues with AAI Industry, so unless you turn it on specifically, it's turned off.

I even did a test to make sure, turning off burner phase, and steam engines are just buildable from the start
Turn on Burner phase and it's locked behind Steam engine 1 technology. Build a burner lab to research it.

4 years ago

I actually had that. All ok - I just had to craft steam science and make some steam labs to get it back ;) Blocked an expansion of some power plant, but now all is ok.

AMAZING work on that mod. I start to like the balancing a lot now.

4 years ago

Thank you.
I do actually put a lot of thought into that.

4 years ago

Yeah. The one thing that half-bothers me is pump throughput. It is needed in processing (no discussion). But I have to plan and time the unloading of trains (as: it takes time to unload a train so I need to plan how to do it), but pumps just suck a freaking train empty in seconds. No reason to use anything more than Pump1 to load/unload trains. The only "odd" thing I can easily see - but again, going down in throughput would not work ;)

Amazing mod. Never gpoing back to Vanilla ;)

4 years ago

Try connecting the pumps unloading a train directly to a storage tank instead of a pipe.
Here is an example of a station I built that rapidly unloads Lithia Water and Oil trains that can dock at either station.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vg74ie2w4oaltoo/Screenshot%202019-06-06%2002.07.36.png?dl=0

4 years ago

Ah, you got me wrong. I am not saying it is too slow - it is too fast. For cargo trains I have to plan capacity. I am still at the beginning - just getting into blue science. Takes some time to unload a train. But liquids - I can not even count to 10 seconds to dry out a tank wagon and that is with pump 1. They are extremely fast compared to even stack inserters, and we still talk pump 1 - not having all requirements for 2 and see no need to update.

4 years ago

oh, I see.
I have actually nerfed the pump1, to make room and reason to try and get the others, pump4 is the same as vanilla pump1.

But, yeah... Stack inserters do get better with research, also faster inserters.

New response