Bob's Power

Adds new power structures.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Power

g multiple heat pipes techs

4 years ago

not that it causes an error or anything, but the new heat technologies unlock the heat pipes several times

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It's not uncommon for multiple technologies to unlock the same thing. For example, in the base game, both Construction robots and Logistic robots unlock the Roboport, and some of the chests.

Since the Heatpipe is both an intermediate(required to craft it), and a critical part of the heat power process (like power poles are for electric, and pipes are for steam and fluid power), and the tree has multiple branches that do not depend on each other (Doesn't matter if you have the burner heat source, oil burning heat source, or nuclear powerplant. and although currently the heat exchanger is the only thing that uses heat power, it might not be in the future), it's not unreasonable for each path to unlock the required heatpipes.

The nuclear reactor currently doesn't unlock any heat pipes because the heat exchanger is a prerequisite, and that unlocks them. (though it doesn't need to be a prerequisite from what I previously said)

4 years ago

I see, sorry to bother

4 years ago

Actually, don't be sorry. I thought about it and decided... well, how do you unlock power poles? they're on their own tech. How do you unlock new pipes? they're usually on the tech that unlocks the metal... I'm going to make a gateway technology that adds heat pipes, then anything that uses those heatpipes will require that level of heat pipe technology, instead of multiple unlocks.

Also I need to fix a bug in the mod anyway, so...

I'm working on that now.

4 years ago

oh, yes, personally I think thats a better system

New response