Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [Other mod]AAI Industry, Bob's plates, and BZ Tungsten not compatible

1 year, 4 months ago

After repeatedly getting an error in my modlist, I've narrowed down the problem and found that it lies in using these three mods together. Doing so creates a cycle in the technology tree with the chemical science pack. This only occurs when all three are enabled at once. Hoping that either an incompatibility can be marked, or more preferably this issue can be fixed. Error verbaitm is:

Failed to load mods: Difficulty normal: Cycle in technology tree detected.

chemical-science-pack
-> tungsten-processing
-> oil-processing
-> plastics
-> advanced-electronics
-> chemical-science-pack

1 year, 4 months ago

Bob Plates and AAI Industry have had issues in the past. AAII rewrite a lot, that doesn't always agree with how my mods like to change things. This is why in Bob Tech, the Burner phase is turned off by default.

I've not heard of BZ Tungsten before... So I looked it up.
They have a compatibility list, and list Krastorio 2 in that list. I have tried to to make some compatibility with Krastorio in the past, but they "Solved" the issue by just blacklisting most of my mods. So if BZ is trying to be compatible with K2, it's likely they don't care about compatibility with Bob's mods either.

From what I can tell at a glance though, BZ tries to do a lot of the same things that Bob's mods as a whole, particularly Bob's plates tries to do, which automatically puts them in a low chance of compatability.

KiwiHawk β˜†
9 months ago

BZ Tungsten has released a patch to at least let the mods load together. There's still a deadlock though. I've created a PR to fix it: https://github.com/brevven/tungsten/pull/21

As this is being addressed from the BZ side, I see no need to make changes in Bob's.

New response