Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Nuclear Fuel Cell Question

2 years ago

I noticed all the fuel cells have a "vehicle acceleration" and "vehicle top speed" value, but they can't be used in any of the Bob's vehicles, as far as I can tell. Was this an oversight, or do they just have vehicle values for no reason?

2 years ago

In Bob Warfare, depending on settings, at least one of the Spidertrons uses nuclear fuel.

2 years ago

Awesome, thanks.

Would it be possible to get trains to use them as well (and tanks or cars, for that matter)?

2 years ago

Would it be possible to get trains to use them as well (and tanks or cars, for that matter)?

Modding wise, it requires changing the fuel type in the vehicle's fuel table prototype, easy enough to do... but does require a mod to do it.

I have no current plans to do this, but I'm fairly sure there are some mods out there that do. Try searching for "nuclear train".

2 years ago

Thanks for the help :D

2 years ago

I noticed this issue today in a Sea Block play and followed up on it. I took the following steps to see if I could isolate it.

I turned off all mods except Bob's Mods. All Bob's Mods enabled, all other mods disabled.
In Bob's Warfare, I set "Spidertron needs fuel" to "All". I didn't change any other Bob's Mods settings from what they were previously.
I started a Sandbox play; enabled all tech, took starting items, turned on cheat mode.
I created all five Spidertron variants: Antron, Logitron, Tankotron, Spidertron, Heavy Spidertron.
I created stacks of all Fuel Cell types: Uranium, Plutonium, Thorium, Deuterium, Deuterium 2, and Thorium-Plutonium.

Antron, Logitron, and Tankotron rejected all Fuel Cell types as fuel.
Spidertron and Heavy Spidertron accepted Uranium Fuel Cells and Plutonium Fuel Cells, but rejected Thorium, Thorium-Plutonium, Deuterium, and Deuterium Fuel Cell 2.

The Spidertron and Heavy Spidertron both are listed as "Consumes Uranium" rather than "Consumes Burnable Fuel."
Both Uranium and Plutonium Fuel Cells are described as "Uranium."
Thorium and Thorium-Plutonium Fuel Cells are described as "Thorium."
Deuterium Fuel Cells (both 1 and 2) are described as "Deuterium."

All fuel cells (except the Uranium Fuel Cells) have vehicle acceleration and speed modifiers listed.
So it looks like there is some sort of bug - either that there's vehicle speeds listed on the Thorium and Deuterium fuels when nothing accepts them, or that the two Spidertron models won't accept Thorium and Deuterium fuels even when set to need fuel?

New response