Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates

Smelt extra ores into plates, and make useful intermediate products. A key part of the Bob's mods suite.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Petri Dish

3 years ago

While not a direct but, there is a conflict between your pretri dish and the one in pyanadons. Yours is 1 glass, his is requiring the glassworks line, and also more importantly, his goes from empty petri dish -> petri dish -> incubated petri dish while as a simple fix, using the 'empty petri dish' name for yours would resolve the conflict. As a further balancing step it might be worth disabling the cheaper (your) recipe if his is present, or presenting it as an easier (later game, as yours is deeper in the tech tree) recipe that can be unlocked later. Hopefully this makes sense, otherwise feel free to ask any questions and i'll clarify.

3 years ago

... I have a Petri dish?
Are you sure?

3 years ago

I'm less sure after reading that. I do know the recipe changed when I removed bobplates+bobelectronics(which depended on it) but thinking about it, is it possible this is an interaction with angels bio?

3 years ago

I just reloaded bobplates back into my game, and the petri dish recipe changed back from empty petri dish +agar to 1 glass.

But I also see that the agar recipe is in the pycoal starting tab, and the mods listed are angel bio processing and py alien life. After adding bobplates back, the recipe moves to be locked behind the tech angels bio processing, and only requires 1 glass.

Perhaps something is checking for the presence of your mod, or there is a very indirect relationship causing this. Let me know if anything comes to mind, but I might have a bit of a poke around and see if i can find a more direct cause.

3 years ago

Apologies for that, I think I have found the offending line, which is inside the angel mod code, referencing your glass.

For reference if your curious
https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/blob/21593d71acaa4b9bb6411d047fb0a3ca65f91f77/angelsbioprocessing/prototypes/bio-processing-override.lua#L55
But in this case you are an innocent bystander. ;)

3 years ago

Yeah, if you have Bob's and Angels... it's almost like you just have Angel's+. his mods change so much within my mods, I wouldn't recognise them.

New response