Bob's Modules

Expansion to the Modules system.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Too much extra output when combining productivity and speed modules

3 years ago

Hi, i am getting to much extra items when using Pure Productivity Module 8 in an Assembling Machine 6 thats surrounded by multiple Beacon 3 containing Pure Speed Modules 8.

Example: The assembling machine shows "Productivity: +240%". The recipe for wooden boards is 1 wood -> 2 wooden boards. With the extra productivity i expect 6.8 wooden boards for each piece of wood. This is correct when the assembling machine is not affected by beacons. As soon as i add beacons with speed modules i get much more items. I added a save file with a tests setup that creates 110 wooden boards for each piece of wood.

Save file: https://we.tl/t-ylaT5vxFzP

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This is a known issue. It's a limitation of the game engine that a machine can only produce 1 cycle's worth of product per tick.

if you push speed and productivity high enough, the speed would put it at more than than 1 production cycle per tick. Since the game engine is limited to 1 per tick, the extra overflows and is not given.

Short of nerfing the modules, there's nothing I can do about it.

3 years ago

I know of this limitation, but if the game is slowing down the assembler to 1 production cycle per tick, how can the ration of input to output be so off? The ratio should be 1 wood -> 6.8 wooden boards, but i get a ratio of 1 wood -> 110 wooden boards.

3 years ago

... I don't know, but it's still some issue with the game engine, so I don't really have any control to fix it.

New response