Bob's Modules

Expansion to the Modules system.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i More config option to affect god and possible combined modules

4 years ago

Nice mod, using it since quite a while. But I noticed that especially god modules can be kind of broken. So I wondered if it would be possible to limit the gain on god modules on specific stats. Like just a multiplier for each stat on them. So you could do something like make their energy consumption and pollution reducing modifiers much much smaller so they do not easily cap out on -80% with just god modules in the machines. And possible a maximum level for god modules so you could limit the max tier you can craft of them.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Consider that god modules are effectively cheat devices. The name "God" was chosen based on the old invincible cheat mode named "God mode", so they're supposed to be a bit overpowered.

Anyway... Settings...
Basically, since ALL settings are just on one long list, people encourage me to limit the number of settings that I add, having too many makes them harder to find, and most people want a small number of simple settings, not a massive list offering all possible combinations.

As such, when designing the settings, for modules, I basically opted for 1 setting to change "pollution value" and had that one setting effect every module that has a pollution modifier. well, 2 settings, per level and a starting value.

In theory, I could easily add more, and probably would if the mod-settings manager was more customisable, but this is why I haven't done it.

if you have a specific suggestion that doesn't add lots more options, I'd look into it.

4 years ago

Probably the mod settings could use some thing like a tree based structure, but factorio would need to support that. Guess I will write a ticket to the factorio devs suggesting that. Thanks for the detailed answer.

New response