Bob's Modules

Expansion to the Modules system.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Effectiveness of efficiency/speed upgrades when applied to different assemblers.

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

beaconed assembler speed with regard to productivity bonus.
Faster assemblers appear to gain less from productivity bonuses (especially when stacked >100%) due to their speed. I'm assuming this is due to the fact that, once an item is crafted, any bonus productivity effect remaining from the previous craft is ignored.

IE: God modules are less effective at increasing productivity in fast machines, because the productivity effect is negated by the machine's base speed increase. Is this correct?
A simple test i did showed that, per amount of resources given (a single craft) in four assemblers placed with equal numbers of beacons providing same productivity bonus: 2160%,
the level 1 assembler produced more product than the lvl 6 assembler.

6 years ago

18 god modules (with same productivity bonus) produces less product in a lvl 6 assembler than 18 god modules in a slower assembler, or even 18 productivity modules (that produce same bonus to productivity).

6 years ago

this behaviour and impact also appears to apply to productivity modules verses god modules beaconed around a Lab mk2.

6 years ago

i found that a slower assembler with an insane productivity bonus also does not appear to craft as much as the numbers suggest, so i'm curious how this interaction actually works and if there is an optimal level of [granted] insane productivity that can be achieved.

6 years ago

also, faster craft times for the items seems to cull the impact of productivity, so like, for the items that craft really quickly, it appears that ONLY lvl 1 assemblers should be used. (titanium balls for instance will gain roughly 4x the bonus than the lvl 6 assembler gains).

6 years ago

and i guess my second inquiry on this topic is "is this phenomenon the result of the config options i see under bob's modules' config option that said something like producivity speed penalty???

New response