Adds logistic related things.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g Bigger pipes, tanks and pipe bus lines

a month ago

Hello there,

I've been playing since the last update with the Bigger pipes option turned on, and early game it wasn't as much as an issue since the pipes capacity, or 'height', was closer to vanilla values (i.e. bronze 125/brass 225) but now that I have nitinol pipes, whose height/capacity is 500, I'm having issues related to pipes connected to tanks where I intend to control the pipe percent fullness according to the percentage of the tank that's filled.

Problem lies between tank's fluid box and the pipe connected to it... the pipe only will fill up to value between 0 and 100, not between 0 and the pipe capacity.

There are situations where you don't want to pressurize the pipes with pumps because you need to use the pipes as a fluid bus, i.e. you can put fluid in it, or also take out it if the tanks overflow past certain threshold.

I've tried several ways to try to implement a way to only fill the bigger pipes to up to 80% using inventoty sensor, check valves (from advanced fluid handling), inspector valves, etc... nothing works. Sadly that makes the top tier pipes less useful as a bus line, because even if they have bigger throughput, you won't ever be able to exploit that unless you pressurize them all the way to 100% fullness.

TL/DR:

I'd like to have my pipes ~80% full by having them connected to ~80% full tanks, like it happens in vanilla w/pipes to 100 capacity/height, is there some kind of way that I can accomplish that that perhaps I don't know or that I'm overlooking?

Related: If bigger pipes is turned on, shouldn't higher tier tanks also have increased capacity on their fluid boxes that acts as connections (assuming that's how it works?)

Also related: Inspector valves (my tooltip says they are originating from Angel's petrochem mod... but I know the same people maintain all the mods in the suite these days, right?) even if they say they have capacity of 1000, but they only translate to 0..100 capacity when attached to a 'bigger' pipe... i.e. attached to a nitinol pipe, it only fills it to 100/500... is that something that can be fixed, perhaps too, if the bigger pipes options is set to true? that would be awesome as you can attach wires to those, so in theory you could control a pump to only fill that up to any percent you wanted...

Sorry to be a bother and for all the questions!
Best wishes o/

New response