Adds logistic related things.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Fixed] Circular dependency

4 months ago

https://prnt.sc/hZ45CQgJ5G2H

If you update Bob's Logistics to the latest version (1.2.0) you get a circular dependency error while Factorio is starting
Somehow there seems to be a problem between Bobs Logistics, Krastorio2 and Space Exploration
If I deactivate Krastorio 2 it starts without problems if I activate Krastorio 2 again and deactivate Space Exploration it also starts without problems but if I activate both mods together again the above mentioned problem occurs again.

When I downgrade to Bobs Logistics 1.1.6 it starts again without problems

KiwiHawk β˜†
4 months ago

Thanks for reporting this! I'll look into it

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

This was caused because we added an optional dependency between Bob's Logistics and Space Exploration, which we unfortunately can't remove because it's necessary for our new Bob's+SE integration.

We didn't plan for Bob's+SE+Krastorio2, and there are a number of other crash issues with this combination, so if you want to do that combination of mods, reverting to Bob's Logistics version 1.1.6 would be the way to go. There's also a compatibility problem with Squeak Through in the current version.

In the long term, if we can't find a way to break this circle, it will probably be necessary to drop something. I'd suggest dropping Merged Chests/WideChests. It seems to me that AAI or K2 containers ought to be able to serve the same purpose.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

This was caused because we added an optional dependency between Bob's Logistics and Space Exploration, which we unfortunately can't remove because it's necessary for our new Bob's+SE integration.

We didn't plan for Bob's+SE+Krastorio2, and there are a number of other crash issues with this combination, so if you want to do that combination of mods, reverting to Bob's Logistics version 1.1.6 would be the way to go. There's also a compatibility problem with Squeak Through in the current version.

In the long term, if we can't find a way to break this circle, it will probably be necessary to drop something. I'd suggest dropping Merged Chests/WideChests. It seems to me that AAI or K2 containers ought to be able to serve the same purpose.

If I could program LUA I would have looked at the problem but unfortunately I don't understand anything about LUA even though LUA is quite simple

But is there any information that could be useful to find the problem easier?

Written with Deepl

4 months ago

The problem is actually very simple, and has nothing to do with lua at all. We just have a series of mods that each say that they want some other mod to load before them, resulting in this:

boblogistics <- space-exploration <- Krastorio2 <- Squeak Through <- WideChests/Merged Chests <- boblogistics

That's what a circular dependency is.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

The problem is actually very simple, and has nothing to do with lua at all. We just have a series of mods that each say that they want some other mod to load before them, resulting in this:

boblogistics <- space-exploration <- Krastorio2 <- Squeak Through <- WideChests/Merged Chests <- boblogistics

That's what a circular dependency is.

So that's what you meant
You could say a driver wants to let the pedestrian cross the road first but the pedestrian wants the driver to go first but both want the other to go first and neither wants to go first

So you could say that the loop can be fixed if I remove one of the mods causing the loop, or if I remove the optional tag from the Info.json from a mod?

Do I understand this correctly?
Sorry if I'm writing this a bit awkwardly, it's not so easy to write with a translator so that it doesn't sound strange
Unfortunately my English is not that good

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

I have now removed Merge Chest as a test (only for testing because there are still some connected crates in my savegame that I have to disconnect before I can remove the mod completely)
Now that the loop has been fixed by removing the Merged Chest mod I see that there are probably some other error messages with Bobs 1.2.0
There are some different error messages so what I can see so far is the same error message but with different items and different Mod combination

error message say:Error while running setup for entity prototype "..." (...)next_upgrade target (...-...-..) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (... != ...) another error message says the same thing but at the end it says: must have the same bounding box

The dots stand for a name/number
But since I don't know how often this error message is present, I had first written it like this so that you know the error message
Looks like I'm not allowed to update Bob's Logistics because otherwise I'll get error messages

4 months ago

Yeah, there's an unrelated issue with Squeak Through. We should already have a fix for it, but it will have to wait until the next version. Not sure how long that will take.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Yeah, there's an unrelated issue with Squeak Through. We should already have a fix for it, but it will have to wait until the next version. Not sure how long that will take.

I had already deactivated Squeak Through for tests Squeak Through doesn't seem to be the only problem
https://prnt.sc/c-FA9qXCT8zz

Sorry for coming up with so many problems I hope I'm not being annoying or anything

It is not a problem if it takes a little longer
But you don't have to rush, it's better to wait a little longer and it works well than to publish something quickly and cause other problems

3 months ago

I feel like Bobsmods shouldn't be adding dependencies to newer mods that have any sort of compatibility work of their own. Bobsmods is significantly older than SE, and it's more of a 'core' Factorio mod than SE is (i.e. one that other mods have been designed to work with).

Have you considered creating a new 'glue' mod that depends on both SE (required) and all of bobsmods (as optional dependencies) to handle the compatibility?

KiwiHawk β˜†
3 months ago

This will be fixed in the next release of Krastorio 2. It will no longer depend on Squeak Through.

3 months ago

This will be fixed in the next release of Krastorio 2. It will no longer depend on Squeak Through.

I have seen that in 1.2.1 a few things have been fixed
Can you already update to 1.2.1 or should you wait for the next Krastorio 2 update?

I just wanted to be on the safe side

KiwiHawk β˜†
3 months ago

It should be fine to update now πŸ™‚

New response