Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Idea]"Half" or "some" Big Pipes :)

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Hey there!

I wanted to give a super minor suggestion about the mod option 'Big pipes': I tested, and it really increments the throughput of the pipes when you turn on that option, but, as it says in the tin, you also need to add pumps to pressurize the pipes correctly.

My idea/suggestion is, rather than an all or nothing, introduce an new extra "half-way" option, where just one the pipe types in each category/tier would behave like "big" pipes, but it will always remain at least one in each tier that behaves like vanilla.

For example, take tier 4: Titanium Pipes vs Ceramic Pipes vs Tungsten Pipes, so, maybe tungsten ones could have the enhanced capacity that allows more throughput, but ceramic/titanium ones would behave like vanilla.

It's just an idea... Personally, I'd love to have pipes with more throughput, but only sometimes, for certain builds... but turning on that option, disrupts normal pipe behaviour too much in order to have it on always for everything.

Best wishes o/

EDIT: fixed typo

KiwiHawk β˜†
5 months ago

I'm aiming to have a new version of Bob's mods released by Christmas. The Big Pipes setting has been changed, so should be less annoying to use. Give it a try once it's out and let me know? πŸ™‚

5 months ago

Thank you! Looking forward to the changes! Of course I'll give it a try as soon as it's available, and I'll probably be starting a new save soon-ish too, so it'll be a perfect timing!

(I'm about to finish an A&B game for the first time... just finishing the last SpaceX long researches atm, and when that's done, I intend to start a new save again, but with some settings changed, and maybe less mods for a more 'pure' experience.)

Best regards!

New response