Adds logistic related things.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Not a bug]Express inserters require themselves in recipe

1 year, 10 months ago

Gday all,

'Recently' started a new world with a friend of mine, basically returning to factorio.
Figured we want a challenge, so we add bob's and angel's mods to sandblock.
Now about 2 months into the game, we get to nearing the end.
But we find out that Express Stack Inserters require themselves in order to be produced.
As a matter of fact, i need 2 of them to create 1....

We also have installed (a whole lot, but these are 'affected' according to the tool tips):
FactorioExtended Plus-Transport
Angels Refining
Circuit processing

Any idea if this is within bob's, or its a conflict thing?

KiwiHawk β˜†
1 year, 10 months ago

Almost definitely a conflict with FactorioExtended Plus-Transport. I'll put it on my list to test.

It looks like this mod does basically the same thing as Bob's Logistics. Not sure what need there is to have both? πŸ€”

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 7 months ago)

The problem with modding is that, sometimes people have similar ideas. Or literally someone sees a mod, and makes their own version of it. (some of my mods, like Inserters, are basically my own version of a mod that already existed.)
Now, these mods all work fine by themselves, or with other mods, but when you try and use them together, they end up tripping over each other.

Some mods like Angels are written to be used with other popular mods, like Bobs mods. (Mine used to be written with some others in mind, but as the game updated over the years, the others dropped off the radar, so I didn't have to keep comparability with them any more, and my mods shifted away from being the one that caters to other mods, and becoming the one other mods cater to.)

There are still a few instances of compatibility where other modders have reached out to me to add compatibility code.

FactorioExtended Plus-Transport is not a mod I've heard of before. My mod doesn't consider anything it may be doing. If it doesn't consider what my mod may be doing, then it is very possible there's conflicts in there.

KiwiHawk β˜†
1 year, 7 months ago

I don't think there's any actual issue here. There are two separate items, both called Express Stack inserter. Crafting the FEP Express Stack inserter requires two of the Bob's Logistics Express Stack inserter.

New response