Bob's Logistics mod

Adds logistic related things.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g i want to use this mod for the inserters

2 years ago

is there a way to make it so the only change is with the inserters?

2 years ago

More specifically with the adjustable inserters mod

2 years ago

Anything is possible with enough time and effort.

In this specific case, I'd need to add options to turn on/off specific part of the mods, which can be done, as it's a standard with some of my other mods, like Assembling machines, Power, Ores and Mining.

Unfortunately, Logistics is a fairly old mod that wasn't built with this modularity in mind, and would require some significant effort rewriting the code to make it possible.

This is something that is on my to do list... it has actually been on my to do list for several years.
Choosing what to work on next often comes down to several factors, including my current available time, and desire to work on mods (Time available), How much effort it would be to do each task on the list (Time required), How interested I am in the idea (appeal), and how many people seem to want it(Demand). (Bugs automatically get a high demand value)

The problem with adding these options is that it had a high time requirement, a fairly low demand, and my motivation is been fairly low for quite some time (low time available). It's also the type of change that basically means just going through a huge jumbled list of commands and separating them into sections, or files, which has low appeal. All these factors combined means it keeps getting delayed in favour of easier, more interesting, or more urgent things on my list.

When I say low demand though, keep in mind it's one of my oldest mod, I have had quite a few requests for this. Some people just want the robots, others just want the trains, and others just want the inserters and/or belts. You then get people who want everything except one of those features. So having a checkbox to turn on/off each specific feature is the best way to go.

I hope this answer isn't too disappointing.

New response