Adds logistic related things.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

b Long Inserter bug

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I play with "Inserter overhaul" disabled.
If I shift+right click a normal inserter and then shift+left click a long inserter it's ranges are set to that of the normal inserter. So I have to build a new long inserter.
The range (pick up / drop location) shouldn't be copied when "Inserter overhaul" is disabled.

PS: The reverse is also true (Long Range -> Normal Inserter).

3 years ago

That's not really something I can control. It's game engine behaviour. it basically does it because the mod turns on range customisation for base game inserters. there's a shortcut key combination (I think it defaults to SHIFT + L) that lets you toggle the range of any inserter between standard and long reach after you research long inserters.

3 years ago

Ok, thanks. I'll use SHIFT + L then.
It wouldn't make more sense (if possible) to turn off range customisation when "Inserter overhaul" is off?

3 years ago

Ok, thanks. I'll use SHIFT + L then.
It wouldn't make more sense (if possible) to turn off range customisation when "Inserter overhaul" is off?

In theory, yes, but Overhaul is an event, probably the first event, where some people didn't like the changes in my mod, so I have the old version with the overhaul option off, and the new version with the overhaul option on. So, the option being turned off doesn't mean "I don't do anything to inserters", it just means it's the older version of my changes. Though to be fair, "Long" is kind of a bit residule, you used to have a couple of extra research options (Near which let you change the place position to the near side of the belt, and More which used to allow you to change pickup and dropoff independantlyEven before that, upto 8 unique versions of each inserter used to exist in logistics, for all possible long/short/near pickup/drop combinations), these options, slightly changed, were moved into inserters mod. the main reason why Shift+L still exists was to not force people to either turn on overhaul, or install the inserters mod.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Thanks for the clarification. :)

New response