Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

i [Will not change]Support for even longer inserters

1 year, 3 months ago

there are a few mods with inserters longer than 3 tiles reach, most noteably Renai transportation. No idea how feasible it would be to fit longer inserters into the gui, so maybe being able to type in relative x and y positions would be a good workaround to rediculously sized inserters?

KiwiHawk β˜†
8 months ago

Not really interested in implementing this sorry. A bit too ridiculous...

8 months ago

This has come up before. In short, it's not an easy fix.

The grid in my GUI is custom drawn, so you'd have to do a lot of special case if then else logic blocks to draw each specific size grid, plus it would make the GUI very large too.

The way my GUI works is that every position has a number, so larger grid sizes would use more numbers.

Kiwi is only interested in maintaining the mod, and fixing bugs, not really adding anything, so I understand why he doesn't want to.

and unless I wrote some kind of procedural way to generate button numbers, this is something I don't really want to do either.... Not that I would, since I haven't even looked at my mods in well over a year now.

8 months ago

The current GUI is already very large, and making it even larger will certainly make things worse.
Currently I'm playing on a laptop, and I play at 125% UI scaling. When I connect an inserter to a circuit network, together with this mod, part of the UI goes out of the screen, and I need to drag the UI around to see everything.

New response