Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

b [Not a bug]Blueprints

2 years ago

I have noticed that a blue print containing an inserter adjustment you have not yet researched will place inserters that auto adjust to said unresearched adjustments. Was wondering if this is in fact a bug, or a feature. I feel like this is an exploit if I can just blueprint every possible inserter from and to position pair, and place the desired one prior to the research being completed for said adjustment.

2 years ago

I have noticed that a blue print containing an inserter adjustment you have not yet researched will place inserters that auto adjust to said unresearched adjustments. Was wondering if this is in fact a bug, or a feature. I feel like this is an exploit if I can just blueprint every possible inserter from and to position pair, and place the desired one prior to the research being completed for said adjustment.

Well... Blueprints are handled entirely by the base game, where the options of where you can make an inserter pickup and drop is controlled by a script based on your research.

in theory, I could try and write a complex script to check if a blueprint is placed, and if the hand positions are valid... but then what if somebody actually modded a extra-long-handed inserter that my mod would consider invalid? On top of that, the script could be fairly laggy, as it would have to try and parse what is being placed every time anything build anything. You can't just trigger on building of an inserter, you have to trigger on building of anything, then check to see if the entity is an inserter.

So... it is intended that blueprints store the positions, and restore them when an inserter is built, it just doesn't consider that the blueprint might not be from the same game.

2 years ago

So in other words, for now, its not a bug, its a feature.

2 years ago

pretty much, yes.

New response