Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g [Fixed]long inserters tech location

2 years ago

the long inserters 2 tech was originally just a blue tech available mid game. it is behind logistics 3 however at some point logistics 3 was changed to require purple tech, making long inserters 2 take a while to research

as a solution i suggest changing it to be dependent on inserter capacity bonus 3, as a good option that is both relevant and is a blue tech
the name of this tech is
inserter-capacity-bonus-3

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I think the current tech requirements are based on Bob Logistics after the changes, Logistics 3 only requires the first 3 science packs, not the purple one.

Perhaps I should do a check to see check to see if the mod is installed, and step down to a lower tier technology if Logistics isn't installed.

2 years ago

that makes sense if bobs logistics changes tech requirements
in vanilla, logistics 2 requires the first 2 science packs, logistics 3, the one that long inserters 2depends on, requires 4 packs
https://wiki.factorio.com/Logistics_3_(research)
changing the technology depending on if Bob Logistics is absent seems a good idea

an alternative would be if it always depends just on the blue science pack research

2 years ago

I didn't want it to just be dependant on blue science, because I wanted it on the Logistics tree.
I'll look into it at some point though.

1 year, 9 months ago

I just started another playthrough with this mod and saw the change used to 'fix' this bug.
The base issue I was trying to point out is that it is best for balance if Long Inserters 2 and More Inserters 2 are behind blue science instead of purple science. This is particularly true in cases like seablock where the recipes are complex enough to require more inserter options.

I would request that this fix be reverted.

(If you still want a fix I would suggest changing the depedency to inserter capacity bonus 3 if Bob Logistics is absent)

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Edit:

I made a version with the suggested changes
https://github.com/DeadlyKitten37/bobsmods/commit/388a20472a56473410d6003a731934ed4328157a

I tested this with
no other mods,
with only bobs logistics,
with only bobs technology,
with both bobs logistics and bobs technology
and with all bobs mods

KiwiHawk β˜†
1 year, 9 months ago

Can you create a Pull Request please?

1 year, 9 months ago
  1. The structure doesn't match what Bob's mods usually does. (The way it usually works is to change the requirements in data-updates cycle, in a file usually called technology-updates) (I'm not saying it's wrong, it's just not how I would have done it.)
  2. Why inserter-capacity-bonus-3? That's a (pre-defined) "Repeatable" and therefore "Off the grid", shouldn't be a prerequisite for ANYTHING. (Except further version of the same bonus.)
    I'd probably have chosen something after Logistics 2, but before Logistics 3... like maybe Stack inserters (I dunno, I'd have to look at the tech tree to pick something else)
1 year, 9 months ago

I chose Inserter Capacity Bonus 3 because it is one of the only relevant researches that is a blue tech, stack inserters is late green and logistics 2 is early green

pull request made

KiwiHawk β˜†
1 year, 8 months ago

Fixed for 1.1.6

1 year, 8 months ago

thanks

1 year, 6 months ago

Is there either an eta for 1.1.6 or an ability to download a prerelease?

KiwiHawk β˜†
1 year, 6 months ago

No eta yet. If you're willing to take the risks, you can download the dev branch from GitHub. https://github.com/BobsMods/bobsmods

New response