Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g Question: Long Handed inserters

2 years ago

Just a question: I an using blueprints (Nilaus) that have long-handed inserters and they have all been replaced with MK2.
Is there a way to either
Tell bob not to replace the vanilla long handed with MK2
Use the upgrade planner to replace MK2 with vanilla long handled

If not, then I will just have to manually replace

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

The inserters in the blueprint themselves will not be replaced, there's a on_robot_built_entity script (not in this mod, it's in the Bob Logistics mod, and ONLY if inserter overhaul is turned on) in the mod that specifically detects when a robot builds a long handed inserter from a ghost, and converts it from a long handed inserter to a "Fast Inserter" (via fast replace), and specifically does it at this step, and in this way so as to maintain ALL of the original information. I'm talking hand positions, wire connections, logic... it should all be maintained.

So, what exactly is changed when converting from Long Handed Inserter to (Bob's) Fast inserter (from Bob Logistics)?

Well, the hand positions are maintained, so not that.
They're slightly faster (Actually, about twice as fast) and draw a little more energy (about 25%)

Also... you CAN'T do any of the things you requested. while the entity for "long handed inserter" does still exist (any that you have in your game before installing boblogistics, or turning on the inserters overhaul option will remain), the item to place the "Fast inserter" is actually the long handed inserter item, so you have no item to use to place them, and even if you did convince your robots to "upgrade" to it (which is actually a downgrade), well, the on_robot_built_entity script would just trigger and replace it with the Fast Inserter again.

if you really want the redundant long handed inserter to be accessible again, your only option is to turn off the inserter overhaul option in Bob Logistics.
However, this isn't really a fix, as the Yellow Smart inserter, the entire Fast inserter range, and the Turbo inserter range will be removed from the game entirely, the Express range will revert to their original names (Fast, Filter, Stack and Stack Filter) along with their stats reverting, and Ultimate Inserter range will be renamed to Express.
It's a lot to lose just to get back an inserter you don't really need anymore (and the main reason things play out as they do is because of the overwhelming requests to make it that way.)

Can you give me a good reason as to why you specifically need a vanilla Long Handed Inserter?

2 years ago

Greetings

Thanks for the detailed response.
The only reason for my question is that in the blueprints of Nilaus, and maybe others, he uses the vanilla long handed inserters. So when you plop down his blueprints you end up with requiring MK2 inserters (which at that point I have not researched).

If I build I use your inserters, so it is no wreck, just means that I need to plop down the blueprint and fix the inserters (but if you use mod's) then you must accept that some blueprints will either not work or need "fixing" in your game, and can't blame the mod builder - I chose to use the mod.

Thanks for taking the time to create the create mod set

New response