Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g Arm rotation speed limiting?

3 years ago

Hello, I was told of an issue you solved in this mod where inserters that had their pickup and dropoff points set close to each other at the end of a long arm were moving items at ludicrous speeds, but you were able to code a fix to make the movement more reasonable. I've had a similar problem that I didn't think could be fixed because of api limitations (or the limitations of my brain๐Ÿ˜) so I set it aside, but hearing of your success, it motivated me to want to learn about it. I didn't know how best to contact you, so I thought I would post this message here so you can see it in your own time.

3 years ago

Well... the problem being solved is like... well, there's two methods to calculate speed, one based on Rotation, and it's literally something like, Degrees per tick, so if the inserter only needs to move 90 degrees instead of 180 degrees, it'll be twice as fast and there's nothing you can do about it.
Alternatively there's extension speed, and I'm not 100% sure how that works, but it's the opposite to rotation, how fast does the arm extend outwards from, or in towards the base of the inserter. Again, it's a speed, distance/angle per tick, and if the destination is twice the distance, it'll take twice as long, there's really nothing you can do to change that.

So... I know how it works, but, there's really not any "Fix" for it.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I see, that okay I thought it was something like that. Thank you for taking the time to read and respond still, I appreciate your words of wisdom ๐Ÿ‘Œ

New response