Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g Inserters don't operate after pasting configuration

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

After pasting an inserter configuration to an inserter, it adjusts properly but doesn't actually operate. Rotating the inserter 4 times fixes the problem.

Also I forgot to tag this with bug but I can't change it now...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Copy and Paste, the base game mechanic?
If this is the case, then we need to report that bug as a base game bug then. Copy and Paste will copy script set pickup and drop positions, so it should handle them correctly, if it isn't, it's a game engine issue.

or do you just mean setting it with the GUI?

I know some of my scripts, but not all, set entity.direction = entity.direction (what rotation would do) with a comment that says "update positions" on the line. if it's a specific function of my mod that puts inserters into this non-functional state, then I would need to go and add the entity.direction = entity.direction line to every adjustment where it is missing.

4 years ago

any news about that problem ? just started a new game and long inserters still dont work (shift +right/left click to other inserter). the setting is being copied but i have to cklick separetely in the gui on the pick up position .

4 years ago

I have the same problem. Copy and paste to another inserter don´t work. Only configure every Inserter manually works.

4 years ago

I have a similiar problem. I run a MP game with two friends and most of the time when they copy/paste inserter settings (like where to put the item) it just doesn't work correctly. The inserter GUI shows the correct position, but if you mouseover the inserter it doesn't show the correct setting and the inserter doesn't actually work the way the GUI shows, but the way the mouseover shows. If they set the inserter to another setting and back it works like it should. Weirdly, I as a host don't have that problem.
I'm really not sure where this is coming from, this mod or basegame, since it's so close to one another. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

4 years ago

Apparantly, base game did a fix for this.

New response