Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

b Inserter Bug

6 years ago
(updated 6 years ago)

Starting in 0.16 I have this random bug where if an inserter that has been altered by this mod has its dropoff point blocked (full conveyor belt or perfect timing on something going down the conveyor belt) it will stop functioning forever even if it has space to put down said object.

6 years ago

I have found that when inserters get stuck like this, if I rotate them out of position then back that they will start working and wont get stuck again. It is annoying but hopefully Bob will sort it out, and for now this seems to be a viable workaround.

6 years ago

I think that was a base game bug related to belt compression. I'm not 100%, but I think Rseding (the bug fixing god of factorio) fixed this issue.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I'm still having problems with this, inserters stopping working randomly after their dropoff was blocked.

If it helps, my Factorio version is 0.16.37, this mod's version 0.16.8, I'm playing the SeaBlock modpack.

One thing I noticed that any 'update' of the 'path' of the belt the inserter is operating on will work to reset it - often about 60% of inserters on a production line will stop working, and either removing and rebuilding a belt, or rotating one belt down the line will work to reset them all and get them working again.

I can upload my save if it's helpful?

EDIT: One thing I also noticed is that the belts where the inserters break are the ones which occasionally back up. I've yet to catch the game in the act though, so I can't say for certain.

New response