Bob's Adjustable Inserters

Adds hotkeys and a GUI to adjust inserter pickup and drop locations.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Logistics

g Insert different items in one go

7 years ago

The new inserters + gui took some getting used to, but now that I have I really love them!

It would be great if we could get a (stack?) inserter that can move several different types of item in one go. So if I have a mixed belt of iron and copper, it wouldn't care about the type and just pick up all of it and put it in the chest. This kind of thing is really needed for working with things like Angel's refining, where some recipes produce 6 different ores.

I'm not sure if/how that should work for inputting into an assembler, but if it can just pick the items it needs from the belt that would be awesome (and probably overpowered).

7 years ago

the idea sounds nice, but i think that this mod should only adjust the pickup and drop locations of inserters and not add any additional inserters. if someone wants different functionality of inserters, another mod should provide an inserter that does that, and this mod should only take that other/new inserter and adjust its pickup and drop locations. this would allow people to select the functionality and get the adjustments independently from each other.

i have some ideas and wishes for other inserter functionalities too, eg a "precision inserter" that works only with single items and has no stack bonus, or a really strong inserter that moves a bit slow but moves entire stacks with one movement. but as i said above, that should be done in a separate mod. the only functionality that maybe(!) could be added in this mod would be an additional parameter that limits stack bonuses to some value between 1 and the researched max bonus.

New response