Bob's Personal Equipment mod

Requires Bob's functions library mod. Expands the range of equipment available in base mod for the modular armor. Although it can function as a stand alone mod, it is intended to be used with the full Bob's Mods set.

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Armor

g suggestion night vision

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hi Bob,

suggestions:
-night vision mk4 = 2x1 or 1x2
-night vision mk5 (or mk4) = 1x1 grid size

or parallel research.. most needed when having (only) power armor 1

Kind regards,
Leon

2 years ago

Can't really have parallel researching, that's a limitation of the game engine.

I guess it could be possible to have some sort of scripted researching (since you can use a script to set a research as researched or not, and even set it's progress, in theory you can script research), but something that functions exactly like the existing science labs isn't viable (Possible yes, but not viable, as it means using scripts to monitor entities, and those tend to use a lot of processing power)

As for night vision above MK3, why?
it's hard to keep track of how they all work when the devs keep changing how night vision works, they've completely re-written it at least twice so far.
but night vision MK3 pretty much changes the display so that everything appears as it does during the day while it's active, and it activates at 90% to 95% day light (I can't remember exact numbers). It would be pretty difficult to make anything better than this.

2 years ago

Hi Bob,

Thanks,

I meant a more expensive (to research) parallel branch *) with a 1x1 grid night viewer (timed around the power armor 1 tech) would be nice
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/SmallNightvisionRevived

I understand, just when the mod is v1 the games changes. Thanks for all the work! (I am going to enjoy your work now ;)

*) like with your ammo

Warm regards
Leon

New response