Adds a few harder enemies.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Bobs spawners are only expansion nests

3 years ago

Hey guys, new here :)

Really having fun with the mods Bob, but in my game (I am 40 hours in and have a enemy evolution factor on 0.8 ish atm.) - The only spawner nest which are replaced by your spawner nest, are the expansion nests, which means there are almost none.. :(
- Will normal nests be converted later in the game?
Thanks for any reply! ;)

3 years ago

I think I need to tweak some of the numbers, but...

Basically, keep in mind that the way nests spawn, and REspawn uses different behaviour.
When spawning, when you go a certain distance away from the start, my nests will start to apear, and the vanilla nests will go away. Go even further out and if they're turned on, you'll get super nests.
When respawning, what appears is based on Evolution Factor. when it gets to about 0.5, you should start seeing my elemental nests show up.

3 years ago

Okay, I will definitely keep an eye one the nests further away from the start point.
But still, I have been keeping a good eye on the nests (I got your better radars from your defense mod) and I swear none of the starting nests have converted to your new ones :)

"when you go a certain distance away from the start" - Do you mean that I need to move me, the player, further away from the starting point. -Or do you mean generally? :)

3 years ago

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "Replaced", once a nest exists, it is that nest forever. it's only if you kill it, and the enemies create a new one that it might be a different nest.

And when I say A certain distance away from the start... I mean, when you travel away from the starting point, eventually you'll come across different nests. it has nothing to do with how far you've travelled, it's the equivalent of having to go to australia before you find australians. as such, in this game, the further away you go from where you started, different things start to show up, it's just a radius, literally measured as "Distance from start" as the transition.

3 years ago

Ah okay, I must have misunderstood, as I thought the regular nests were going to be replaced, sorry for that..
Thanks! :)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I just started my first BobAngels playthrough and I noticed that during game setup that expansions and pollution was turned off. Will enemies still expand or do I need to reset and turn those options on?

3 years ago

I just started my first BobAngels playthrough and I noticed that during game setup that expansions and pollution was turned off. Will enemies still expand or do I need to reset and turn those options on?

Sounds like enemies isn't going to expand. Though if you use angels mods, he changes a lot about mine, so I can't be certain.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Sounds like enemies isn't going to expand. Though if you use angels mods, he changes a lot about mine, so I can't be certain.

Hmmm, okay. Looks like I should restart and enable pollution and expansions. I need a challenge here since this seems a LOT easier than Seablock/Pyblock. Thanks for the reply and thank you so much for the mod(s). Your work is amazing o7

3 years ago

compared to mods like Py, Bob's mods are basically Vanilla+
Angels does change A LOT though, so... most of what you'll see will have been touched by Angel.

3 years ago

How far from start do I need to go to encounter your nests? The only ones that spawn near my base are vanilla ones that dont drop your colored artifacts

3 years ago

I'm not sure of the exact numbers, but it's somewhere between 20 and 50 sectors.
a sector is 32x32 tiles.

New response