Bob's Enemies

Adds a few harder enemies.

Content
3 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

i Increase compatibility with Armoured Biters

3 years ago

Right now bobs elemental spawners replace nearly every normal spawner as you go further out, this prevents armored biters from spawning. IMHO it would be nice if there could be armored elemental versions as well if both mods are present.

Related thread https://mods.factorio.com/mod/ArmouredBiters/discussion/5e8c83f4910c07000e3f2d50

3 years ago

Unfortunately, this is partly due to how the base game handles spawning enemy bases.
I simply use the base game interfaces to say "Start spawning these spawners at a distance of 5", at distance "5" (whatever that distance actually is, I don't know) you start seeing my spawners showing up... but then you go a bit further, and there's more and more of my spawners and fewer and fewer of the base game spawners, until it's only spawning my spawners.

I could set it to just spawn mine from the start, but it's intended they only start to show up further out.

In theory I could re-write how the game handles spawning quantities, but it's all written in the "new resource spawner" logic, and half of that is jargon.

3 years ago

Ok I understand, what do you think about the second part of the request? I think the sprites from the armored biters are quite nice. So it would be great if you could have optional support for it, that uses them, when the mod is present, in the elemental/super spawners.

3 years ago

Maybe...

3 years ago

Hi, as far as I see it: This is still an issue. Are you maybe ;) still have plans Bob to change the spawn handling? Or is it just some setting I have to trigger to get the armoured biters back in late game? Oh and thanks for the great mod(s)!

New response