Bob's Enemies

Adds a few harder enemies.

Content
4 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Enemies

g Separate mod

4 years ago

I spend two days to cut and paste poison spitter from your mod, i tried implement it inside one of the other mods, i tried to cut all parts what i don't like from yours, but nothing work, game just don't want to launch after any of my action. An suddenly i think, maybe i should just ask a propper guy? The actual mod creator.

Problem: i already have explosive biters from mod what have the same name and i really like it. I also have other mod what i change and rebalance significantly just to make game a lot harder (for example, t3 biters now have 75% fire 6/60% physical resistance and 500health) + mod worm attack what add 2 tiers to worms and force them to burrow to your base once you reach certain evo factor. These 3 mods almost enough, there is not much you can add. I mean we can recolour biters all day, but they all pretty much the same, same concepts, same principals. All kind of mods add worms upon worms, but they just vanilla worms with tweaked stats... you know what i mean? Noone just write mod what have new enemies with new graphics and most importantly new concepts.

So what i really like is your poison spitter, if you ask me, i thinks his projectile must have a lot wider AOE and it must be affected by wind, just to create area of denial for the player. But i can tweak values by myself, what i struggle is add this spitter to the game. I don't need all other types, they just the same what i already have, maybe not in the stats, but the concepts, i don't need artifacts, new spawners or some rediculous 100000+hp titans (Explosive biters already provide me a "Mother of explosive spitters") just this poison spitter. Can you make me a favor and create separate mod what adds only them?

P.S. i also manipulate vanilla spawners by this way:
so i should know the exact-name-of-this-spitter to add him in to spawn list

biter_spawner_result_units = {
{"small-biter", {{0.0, 1.0}, {0.6, 0.0}}},
{"medium-biter", {{0.3, 0.0}, {0.6, 1.0}, {0.85, 0.0}}},
{"big-mirror-biter", {{0.6, 0.0}, {0.85, 0.9}, {1.0, 0.67}}},
{"big-ceramics-biter", {{0.6, 0.0}, {0.85, 0.1}, {1.0, 0.08}}},
{"behemoth-mirror-biter", {{0.85, 0.0}, {1.0, 0.22}}},
{"behemoth-ceramics-biter", {{0.85, 0.0}, {1.0, 0.03}}}
}
data.raw["unit-spawner"]["biter-spawner"].result_units = biter_spawner_result_units
-- vanilla values
spitter_spawner_result_units = {
{"small-spitter", {{0.0, 1.0}, {0.6, 0.0}}},
{"medium-spitter", {{0.3, 0.0}, {0.6, 1.0}, {0.85, 0.0}}},
{"big-mirror-spitter", {{0.6, 0.0}, {0.85, 0.9}, {1.0, 0.67}}},
{"big-ceramics-spitter", {{0.6, 0.0}, {0.85, 0.1}, {1.0, 0.08}}},
{"behemoth-mirror-spitter", {{0.85, 0.0}, {1.0, 0.22}}},
{"behemoth-ceramics-spitter", {{0.85, 0.0}, {1.0, 0.03}}}
}
data.raw["unit-spawner"]["spitter-spawner"].result_units = spitter_spawner_result_units

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

there shouldn't be any real reason preventing you from copying this out, just make sure you copy all parts of the spitter. There's a size and colour set of variables in values.lua, and then you'll need the projectile (in projectiles.lua), effect and sticker too (in entities.lua). I think all the related graphics for those are basegame.

Also, please try and make sure not to reuse any names that begin with bob, change them to something else.

New response