Bob's Character classes

Adds character classes to the game.

2 months ago
0.16 - 1.1

b Can't choose character class in 1.0.0

3 years ago

When starting a new game in freeplay there's no option to pick a character class, it just goes to the balanced character.

3 years ago

I'll look into it.

3 years ago

Looks like it's because they added a cut-scene, for 1.0 of the mod I've added a check to try and re-open the GUI on the event on_cutscene_cancelled, which is called when the opening cutscene ends.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That was fast!! Thank you.

3 years ago

is there any way to choose class if this added after creating and playing in freeplay? i just realised now that i can't make steel because i need steel to produce steel but the engineer class can produce steel...but i have few hours already in that save...

3 years ago

is there any way to choose class if this added after creating and playing in freeplay? i just realised now that i can't make steel because i need steel to produce steel but the engineer class can produce steel...but i have few hours already in that save...

1. You "Shouldn't" need steel to make steel, I played through the early game past the steel stage recently, and never run into the issue. Perhaps some interaction with another mod is imposing that limitation?
  2. While in game, go into the mod option, in the per map settings, and turn on player class select. You can change your class at any time from the Avatar menu, but it's turned off by default because it is kinda cheaty.
  3. Die. When you respawn you'll have the choice of selecting a different class.
3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yeah, i have started a completely new one (and the class option wasn't checked).
Also i'm using most of your mods (not all of them e.g the electronics mod, which makes the game even more complicated for me) and Angel's refining, which i assume the root cause of the issue...no other mods i'm using can interfere with the recipes (helmod assistant, Information, RSO mod).
I would submit pictures to show you what is available and will be easier to see what's wrong.

Update 1: so i experimented, it seems like that if the Chemicals/intermediate mod is turned on the 5plate to steel recipe is gone for the normal furnace and steel can only be made in the stone chemical furnace which needs steel.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Update 1: so i experimented, it seems like that if the Chemicals/intermediate mod is turned on the 5plate to steel recipe is gone for the normal furnace and steel can only be made in the stone chemical furnace which needs steel.

Stone chemical furnace should NOT require steel... It's stone, it should only cost an iron pipe, and 5 stone.
Let me check it out.

3 years ago

Okay, turns out you're right, it should cost an iron pipe, but it costs a steel pipe.
Though, there is an alternate recipe (I think it's an option to turn them on) that allows you to turn a normal stone furnace into a chemical furnace, and that costs an iron pipe.

I'll fix this and update.

New response