Bob's Assembling machines

Adds assembling machines 4, 5 and 6. And other machine higher tiers too.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Mod in folder not detected

3 years ago

Hey i dont know what i'm doing wrong but i have your mods downloaded in the Mod folder for Factorio
But when the game loads all the mods and i go to menu Mods section it does not show on the list of loaded mods...
Like the game did not detect the zip file or something? Anything i can do for it to work again?

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Where exactly is the mod folder in question, and what distribution method are you using for the game?
while the zip download of the game from factorio.com will use the mod folder inside the factorio game folder, other versions such as steam will instead use %APPDATA%\Factorio as it's user data directory, so %APPDATA%\Factorio\Mods is where you need to put the mod files.

if you don't know which you should be using, there is a file called config-path.cfg in the game's folder, it's just a text file, open it in notepad or something.
this lists a directory where config.ini can be found.
if it lists: config-path=__PATH__system-write-data_ _/config, then you need to go into %appdata%\Factorio and install your mods there.

I hope this information helps.

3 years ago

I have Steam distribution used and mods are all in the correct folder all of your mods are detected but not this one.
I can even put older version in the folder it will be detected correctly. Problem happens when i start Factorio.
Then go into Mods and start the update. Everything downloads ok, replaces older version with latest one but
Bob's Assembling machines, it is in the folder but not detected by the game.

3 years ago

Hey i think i identified my problem o_O
It is in game Factorio updates... I dont know why but i downloaded the mod from mods.factorio.com and it works fine it is detected properly...
But when i updated it or downloaded it through in game Mod section it is downloaded but not detected...
I dont know from where the game downloads it or does it somewhat corrupts it somehow but downloading from mods.factorio.com solved the problem

3 years ago

I have had the issue in the past where if you use the same "Browser" Firefox vs Chrome as examples, then re-downloading a mod uses a cached version. If for whatever reason you download a corrupt version, then additional attempts will also result in a corrupt version. So if you downloaded it in chrome and it doesn't work, you'd need to try again in firefox.
It sounds like this may also be true for the game itself.

And yes, the game downloads directly from this site.

New response