Bob's Assembling machines

Adds assembling machines 4, 5 and 6. And other machine higher tiers too.

Content
2 months ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Error after updating

3 years ago

Im on factorio 1.0 with bob's assembling machines 0.18.7

Failed to load mods: bobassembly/data-updates.lua:9: bobassembly/prototypes/fluid-furnace-updates.lua:17:attempt to index field 'fluid-mixing-furnace'(a nil value) stack traceback:
bobassembly/fluid-furnace-updates.lua:17 in main chunk
(c): in function 'require'
bobassembly/data-updates.lua:9: in main chunk
(c): in function 'require'
bobassembly/data-updates.lua:9: in main chunk

mods to be disabled:
bobassembly (0.18.7)

3 years ago

Well, it shouldn't do that, but then I haven't extensively tested every combination of mods with every combination of settings. to get that specific error you'd need to have fluid powered furnaces turned on, along with ingredient limits turned on, without having chemical or mixing furnaces, which means you don't have bobplates installed.

But, Thanks for pointing this out, I should have fixed it now (check that the entity exists before trying to give it an ingredient limit) and when I release 1.0 (Should be "Soon"), it'll be fixed.

Remember, I haven't actually released version 1.0 compatible versions of my mods yet, you're using the 0.18 version on Factorio 1.0, which is a unique instance that the Devs allowed it.

3 years ago

Thank you for the quick response and yes you are correct I did not have bob's plate installed once I installed it the game loaded with no errors while runing bob's assembling. while checking it those settings where selected. With the 1.0 compatible thing that is my fault I thought it was working properly due to the game not saying the 0.18 versions where incompatible

3 years ago

Well, they should be if nothing significant changed, which is why most just work. I'm mostly just going over to make sure some things aren't just failing silently, or whatever.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hi there, I got something too, can't load Assembly in my pack, electric furnace seems to be in cause?
https://pastebin.com/UEddeRsd

Relevant lines

ModManager.cpp:1514: Error while running setup for entity prototype "electric-furnace" (furnace): next_upgrade target (electric-furnace-2) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (furnace != electric-furnace).
Mods to disable:Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "electric-furnace" (furnace): next_upgrade target (electric-furnace-2) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (furnace != electric-furnace).

Mods to be disabled:
• 5dim_resources (1.0.0)
• bobplates (1.0.1)
• bobassembly (1.0.0)
• aai-industry (0.4.18)

Removing only Assembly works though

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Yeah, I'm fairly sure that my Furnaces aren't compatible with 5Dim's. There's absolutely no reason why 5dim should have changed the fast replace group of Electric furnaces away from the vanilla's "furnace", which is why I kept using it.
If I did change it to 5Dim's method, then there's the possibility it'll make my mod incompatible with somebody elses who kept the vanilla name, so, I'm not going to.

To get around the problem... Disable 5dim's mod and restart the game
go into settings, mod settings, and under the Bob's Assembling machines header, Turn off the New Furnaces option (Just that one, you don't REALLY need them, because you can use the Multi-purpose furnace instead), the game will restart.
then you can re-enable 5Dim's mod, the game will restart once again, and it should work.

Alternatively, you can get around all that restarting by finding one of the 3rd party settings editors, and turn it off in there.

New response