Bob's Assembling machines

Adds assembling machines 4, 5 and 6. And other machine higher tiers too.

Content
a month ago
0.13 - 1.1
Manufacturing

i Yellow inserters not available till basic electronic boards

4 years ago

Hi!

I like how the assembly machine ingredient number limit plays out with bob's mod, or at leats, played out with bobs mod until by default it was lifted. I feel that, wihtout this limit, it becomes too easy to quickly getbhigh levels of gear and items in low quantities - the requirement for higher level assembly machiens to e.g. craft better modules IMnsHO was a good balance.

That's why I enabled "Factory ingredient limits".

However, I find this option is way too harsh. If it is enabled, one can only make yellow inserters when you have basic electronic cards. That is, you have to make solder, basic electronic components and steel all with burner inserters, and you are limited to automation science packs, unless you hand-craft them, because these are the requirements for assembly machine 2, which is the smallest one to make inserters.

I think this should be les sharsh, if possible - it should be possible to make electric inserters without such a steep investment into research.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

this is as it was before 0.17. Yes it is a bit harsh, which is why if you watch my youtube videos (I've only done 3) pretty much the entirety of parts 2 and 3 is me trying to automate electronics, and logistic(transport) science packs. About 3/4 through video 3 I give up trying to automate it, and use a small quantity of the resources I've collected to go build a few assembling machine 2s and automate the science only. Then I stopped recording because 0.17 was released.

but yes, I know it's brutal, that's how it used to be for everyone before 0.17, so I'm not going to change it because there's probably quite a few hardcore fans who like it brutal, and if I nerf it (make it easier) those hardcore players will complain.

New response