Blueprint Flip and Turn

by NovaM

Mirrors/Flips a blueprint in hand. WARNING: if you are using factorio 1.0 or factorio >= 0.18.37 then you must use the workaround below: - Grab the blueprint from the new blueprint interface - Drop it in the inventory to make a copy. (there is a row of buttons across the top one of has the letter C on it that is the copy button fot the print that is highlighted) - Grab that copy - The flip buttons work on this copy. This issue is not fixable for now, due to Factorio API limitation.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Blueprints

g Does this mod offer any advantages over Factorio's standard "F" and "G" keyboard commands?

2 years ago

As title.
As far as I can see, this mod seems to be redundant now.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello,

This mod has been around for a long time, long before Factorio added the flip feature.

This mod is usefull for player using Factorio between 0.16 and 0.18.36.
For player using Factorio >= 0.18.37 (including 1.0+) this mod becomes more and more hard to use.
For player using Factorio with the native flip native feature (I don't know which version is it) this mod becomes probably near useless.

Since the 0.18.37 this mod becomes harder and harder to maintain due to recent technical limitation.
The only interest I see in this mod is that is enable to deals with thirdparty content provided by mods.
I suppose (like in the past) some mod wil add content that Factorio will be unable to flip correctly.
The "Blueprint Flip and Turn" mod already include special case to flip special items.

Regards,

2 years ago

Thanks for the reply NovaM. It looks like I don't need to use this, as I always use 1.0+ now. But if there are players out there who want to keep playing older maps using older versions of Factorio, then I can see how it would be very useful for them.

New response