Heavy Truck

Adds an armored, heavy truck to the game that can carry a lot of cargo at the expense of a lot of fuel.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g Mod compatibility: Armor Plating

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Armor Plating (AP) provides a grid to vehicles without one so players can use armor plates to make them more resilient. Would you mind adding compatibility with it? According to AP's info page, you'd have to do this (after checking whether AP is active, of course):

Support for other mods vehicles to add compatibility, just add "vtk-armor-plating" to the vehicule equipment grid category :

table.insert(data.raw["equipment-grid"][entity.equipment_grid].equipment_categories, "vtk-armor-plating")

Thanks for your consideration! :-)

4 years ago

I'll definitely do that at some point. I've been a lazy slob between 60 hour work weeks and supporting a Sevtech minecraft addiction, but as I'm coming back to factorio I'll see about making this a thing. For now, I updated it to 18 and made it usable again at least :O

4 years ago

does this beast have a remote control option if one has AAI mods installed for it and if not can you add that functionality

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

does this beast have a remote control option if one has AAI mods installed for it and if not can you add that functionality

It should work (just tested). It also works with Autodrive -- we add a minimal grid there if no other mod provides one yet, so you can use the Autodrive sensors (but nothing else) with it.

4 years ago

I'll definitely do that at some point. I've been a lazy slob between 60 hour work weeks and supporting a Sevtech minecraft addiction, but as I'm coming back to factorio I'll see about making this a thing. For now, I updated it to 18 and made it usable again at least :O

Great news, thank you! I've already used it for some tests during modding today. :-)

4 years ago

Heck yeah it's remote controllable. It doesn't work with AAIs fancy loading and unloading platforms, or the script that makes the haulers suck the inventory out of mining vehicles, so you'll need a loading station specifically for this sadly.

New response