Big Factories

by Jorn86

Inspired by WhistleStop Factories: Spawns massive furnaces and assembly machines around the map to make the game all about building trains to connect them. Supports buildings from Bob's and Angel's, including labs.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

b Liquid/Gas Input/Output Bug.

4 years ago

Cannot hook up inputs/outputs of liquid/gas to several big factories. The oil refinery and electrolyzer specifically have broken inputs and depending on which way you rotate the factory. Love the mod otherwise, wish I could use all of the buildings. Thank you!

4 years ago

I can't find any issues with any rotation of those buildings. Can you send me a screenshot of the thing that doesn't work, and your full mod list?

4 years ago

Hey, sorry, I explained this badly. I have the Bob's set of mods installed and Big Factories. A few other unrelated things as well. I enabled moving of factories. I found a big electrolyser and big oil refinery in the wild and picked them up. When I place them in my base liquid pipes will only connect to the bottom and right sides. So I can rotate the machine to either input, or output liquids/gasses, since the intake/output are on opposite sides. Any gas/liquid connection that would be on the top or left side of the building will not connect. Retested in latest version, still doesn't work.

4 years ago

https://ibb.co/rdSXkJP

Example of pipes connecting to bottom but not connecting on top. You can tell because the pipe isn't showing contents on the top. I know it doesn't have power, but pipes auto label when connected.

4 years ago

I have the same issue, but on all four intakes, in this case with the Big Electrolyser. Where you'd normally hook up the pipes, the loaders are blocking the way.

4 years ago

... Apparantly the loaders can be 'picked up'

4 years ago

Yes, that's because the loaders are auto-generated, there are no spaces for the fluid inputs

4 years ago

I removed the loaders to make space for the liquid hookup, as you can see in the screenshot, still no dice. Not the issue here.

4 years ago

I still can't reproduce the issue, it works just fine for me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/v53ntqahjmwsv5t/electrolyzer_works.png?dl=0

The big graphics can sometimes cover the pipe connection, maybe check that you have removed the loaders on all sides and the pipe is actually connected. If you're sure, can you send me a save game so I can check it?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Got it, it's yet another issue with even size modifiers causing everything to shift by half a tile.
I may be able to fix it, but since this gives so many issues, I also might drop support for even modifiers. Try 5 (default) or 3 instead of 4, that should help.

4 years ago

Ahhh, I should have thought of that setting. Never crossed my mind as possibly related. Thanks!

4 years ago

Several improvements have been made for 0.0.8. If you still have issues with fluid connections, please make a new thread.

This thread has been locked.