Better Cargo Planes

This mod aims to improve the Cargo Plane from the Aircraft mod by adding an Equipment Grid as well as two upgraded versions of the Cargo Plane.

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Transportation

g ✔️AAI support

3 years ago

Does this have support for the AAI Vehicles mod? The cargo planes from the Aircraft mod behave like haulers when the AAI mods are installed, meaning they interact appropriately with depots, while the better cargo planes don't, instead behaving like a standard vehicle.

3 years ago

Sorry for late reply.
I'll look into it now. Someone else made a request, so I'll try doing both

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

After working on it for 3 hours and not really getting anywhere, I gave up. The systems in-place to do such a thing doesn't seem to work for me. I recommend asking the developer of AAI Programmable Vehicles for it, as there is a hard-coded solution for the normal Cargo-Plane.

Perhaps with a link to this discussion thread

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

That said, I did make it so they are no longer immune to inserters, maybe that helps? (Not in the patch notes - forgot to mention that).
You do have to manually add the Unit Data though. (negative value to all Ores, etc..)

(You can revert this change by enabling the Aircraft setting 'Inserter Immunity')

3 years ago

The planes can automaticly be loade or unloaded with AAI. But not like the regular cargo plane. You are not able to set up aautomatic supply line, where the planes pick up ore at a vehicle depot and drop it at another.

3 years ago

After working on updating it to 1.1.0 I figured I could take another look into AAI support (It's one of my favourite mods, but I haven't played Factorio in a while, which is why I haven't really looked into it before now).
I think I finally found out how to do it, and I've released the update now!

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I know it's probably bit late but incase anyone else was wondering that AAI support he was talking about does indeed work <3

((Also holy crap do they have some zoom compared to the base planes, and the Even better outpace his midtier by a mile))

New response