Beltbox Barreling

allows deadlock's beltboxes to barrel fluids

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
Logistics

g Does it even work?

1 year, 9 months ago

Iirc, furnace type entities can't be used to craft recipes that take more than 1 ingredient. Does it work for you here?

1 year, 9 months ago

seems to work fine. the machine in the thumbnail works

i'm guessing it would break if you had two different sizes of barrel (like, bulk containers mod), or a barrel-stacking mod. that would make the recipe ambiguous

1 year, 9 months ago

i just tried it with intermediate bulk containers

it actually does work, surprisingly enough. it can fill multiple kinds of barrel
it can also still stack plates if its input is full of water
my guess is that the furnace chooses the recipe after the ingredients are in its inventory, and makes whatever it can

if you have batch mode enabled on deadlock's, it won't fill the larger containers (but still fills barrels and barrel pallets)
i think the issue there is that the beltbox doesn't hold enough fluid to make 4 IBCs/tanks at once

1 year, 9 months ago

Iirc, furnace type entities can't be used to craft recipes that take more than 1 ingredient. Does it work for you here?

Fluid ingredients do not count towards the maximum.

1 year, 9 months ago

Fluid ingredients do not count towards the maximum.

Really? Is that documented anywhere?

1 year, 9 months ago

I first thought it didn't work, too, but then I realized I did test with a fluid that has no barreling recipe.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Really? Is that documented anywhere?

I don't know, but it has come up on the modding forums several times, e.g. when the then-new furnace tooltips had to be amended to cope with it.

1 year, 9 months ago

Huh.
Good to know.

New response