Baron Sludge

by wasmoo

Baron Sludge adds a small tech tree and optional processing steps around natural materials.

Content
4 months ago
0.18 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g [RESOLVED] fork for other resources??

9 months ago

Hi! I love what you did with this mod, but the lack of compatibility with additional resources is a bit of a bummer. So, I'd like to try to fork this mod to set custom resources in the mod settings with individually customizable reagents and values. It would by default have nothing, and simply allow for the addition of custom defined refinements in the settings. It'd also only use the purifier building if this mod is installed as an optional dependency. I'd love your feedback on this idea, so let me know what you think.

9 months ago

Interesting, I think this can be done relatively easily. I'd have to pull the logic to create the purified resource + sludge into an accessable library (e.g. baronSludge) and enable calls to that library. Once done, you'd be able to call a function with the inputs of the unpurified resource, the purified resource, and the sludge definition.

Once declared, all recipes that use the unpurified resource will be duplicated for the purified resource.

Technology unlocks are a bit harder, but I could create an input for that too. Let me give it a try and see if I can get you an interface.

9 months ago

I've been working on this myself actually. Your code has been interesting and informative to go through and is more flexible than I thought it would be. it was no trouble expanding the settings and adding reagent to use instead of water, output, input and power multipliers to the pure map. my only real snag is how to go about generating the refined resource icons dynamically when null. I can make a bunch of anticipated resource icons, but representing arbitrary items as a more refined version without breaking immersion requires some thought.

9 months ago
(updated 9 months ago)

I have broken out the steps of creating materials in a way that should make it easier to modify. I've also added extensive documentation to the Information tab. There will still be some nuances to some of the localization, but it should be much easier to create new processes. Let me know if there is something else I can do to make things easier.

9 months ago

Thank you so much! this is alredy a lot more than i was expecting!

New response