Automatic Station Painter


Automagically colors stations based on the trains' colors.

Content
3 months ago
1.1 - 2.1
31.7K
Logistics

i Paint station based on the item/fluid in the name instead of the trains inventory

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

I name my stations with a consistent pattern:

[item=copper-ore] Source
[item=iron-plate] <= [item=iron-ore] (Recipe <= Ingredient)

Would it be possible to derive the station color based on the color of the item/fluid in the name?
(For me the ingredient/transported resource is the relevant part)
Maybe index based. 0 => use train color. >=1 index from the start. <=-1 index from the back.
(The color only needs to be set once/when the name changes)

a month ago
(updated a month ago)

Howdy. Thanks for the interest, but I won't be adding this as it as it would either add a dependency-on or incorporate the color tables. And thinking through the implications, there are many cases where I would have to infer the user's intent, and I'd rather keep the mod as-is, simple and straight forward.

New response