Autobuild

by therax

Autobuild allows your character to automatically build, deconstruct, and upgrade nearby ghosts. A more efficient alternative to mods like Bluebuild.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

b (fixed) Large Yellow Area

1 year, 10 months ago
(updated 1 year, 10 months ago)

This mod draws a large yellow area, even after i set the opacity to 0.
Actually it draws two overlapping yellow squares, a small one which shows me the actual area where it will build automatically and an extremely large one which i don't know if it shows me anything because i can't build in this large area.

The smaller area which is the actual building area dissapears when i set the opacity to 0 the large one always stays the same.
It is SP and i run a good amount of other mods, if this happens due to some conflict with another mod, i don't know which one it is.

PS: After deactivating the mod, saving the savegame, realising i can't live without it, activating it again, loading the save again, the larger area is gone.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hey, thanks for the report:
Seems to be the same issue like here:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/autobuild/discussion/62990d1515ba667a1956f862

I hope I can release the fix soon.

1 year, 10 months ago

This should be fixed now

1 year, 10 months ago

could you add a option to toggle the yellow area?
or is it not supposed to be there

in wich case
the bug still persists
pliss fix thx

1 year, 10 months ago

You can switch the area off by setting opacity setting to 0. Does it need to be more convenient?

If the bug still persists for you, I don't know, how to reproduce it. The fix should remove all yellow areas which the mod has ever created.

As last resort you could try to remove the mod, load and save the gamesave once, and then add the mod again.

1 year, 10 months ago

Im sorry
Im not very well versed in factorio modding
I cant find an option in any of the options menus going through them searching for "Autobuild" nothing come up

is this an ini edit or sth?
can you ELI5?

EDIT: Im an idiota, I had to search for "Opacity" instead
also how do you get upgrading to work
Does it need blueprint/ bot research?

1 year, 10 months ago

Glad, you found it. I could add something more obvious.

The upgrading should work out of the box. Doesn't it work? Maybe it's some yet unsupported entity, which must be added.

New response