Autobuild

by therax

Autobuild allows your character to automatically build, deconstruct, and upgrade nearby ghosts. A more efficient alternative to mods like Bluebuild.

Utilities
4 months ago
0.17 - 1.1

i (open) Weird interactions with Space Exploration satellite view

3 years ago

When looking around in Space Exploration satellite view (in which you are disconnected from your body and can look anywhere and have limited interactions with things), Autobuild tries to execute deconstruction orders as normal. Entities are deconstructed, but since you have no inventory in this mode they get dropped on the ground and marked for deconstruction, at which point Autobuild will be stuck in a loop trying to pick them up and failing because there is no inventory to put them to.

Solution is to simply disable Autobuild when in satellite view. You're not meant to be building/picking up things in this mode anyway. I don't know how you would recognize that it's activated, though. Maybe Autobuild could just be disabled entirely when in a disembodied mode?

2 years ago

That makes sense. I allowed Autobuild to work in the "god controller" because it's also used in Beltlayer and Pipelayer, but it will work well enough for those mods to be able to build from the character while walking around above ground.

2 years ago

There should be a remote interface to check if it's nav mode

New response