Attention Indicator

Share player selection and "opened" activity to other players. (ALT-MODE VIEW or change setting so it is all the time)

Utilities
1 year, 11 months ago

i Icon color

2 years ago

I haven't used this mod yet, but maybe for multiplayer to make the tone of all the icons? For example, if this feature is enabled, then all players will have all their icons the colors of the player himself. If the Player is red, then his icons will also be red. If cyanic, then the icons will also be cyanic in tone.

2 years ago

At present, all the graphics are "half-tinted" with the player to whom they belong. The actual math ( version 0.0.6 ) is (player colors + 1) / 2 , This turns black to gray at the most extreme, but generally gives better icons and tints.

I may go over the graphics used, as pre-processing the graphics is more reliable than using the existing ones (some built-in graphics are partially transparent, or not completely white to begin with, making tinting etc less consistent).

2 years ago

I'm sorry, I haven't downloaded the mod before. Now I see that it has already been implemented and works fine (I haven't checked in multiplayer)

2 years ago

Maybe then add a power line interface? After all, we are not looking at 1 power line, but at the entire power supply system. As well as production statistics.

2 years ago

And is there any support for other mods? In the plan, will I be able to add new icons to interfaces from other mods in my mod? For example, a galaxy map, when using SE.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Unfortunately, there are some limitations. There doesn't seem to be an event for "map opened" which kind-of makes sense (one can open other things like the map is open...).

Indicating an entire power network is silly and would be HORRIBLY LAGGY, but different icons could be used for different things opened... different circumstances. An arrow on the character could point to an opened thing. It might be possible to indicate the pole when a network is open. This isn't supposed to be some "advanced" indicator, but to give other people an idea of what you're doing.

2 years ago

Yes, in principle, it is also true. Will it be possible to use your mod and a set of functions to create new icons to open other interfaces (for example, the same galaxy map from SE?)

This thread has been locked.