Assembler Pipe Passthrough

Adds more pipe connections to allow assemblers (chem plants, refineries, pumpjacks and modded miners (all toggled by settings)) to pass through fluids, like electric miners.

Content
1 year, 9 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Invalid pipes connection

4 years ago

Just got an error after updating this mod (and a few others). Advanced Assembler is from the Expanded Rocket Payloads mod, but since it's about pipes, I assume it's from Assembler Pipe Passthrough. Here's the message:

https://i.imgur.com/s3eSlwu.jpg

4 years ago

This will be fixed in 0.0.7

4 years ago

Yup. I can boot my game again - but not load my save. The changes with Angel's Machines from 0.0.6 are probably the reason. (Without a doubt the Chemical Plant, given the sheer amount of connections they now have. It's bound to cause issues on already existing bases.)

Anyway, I'll have to disable the mod until I start a new game or if you happen to add an option to selectively disable that change. (Or find an awesome solution that would circumvent the issue.)

Also, from what I saw from my test map, the ingredients icons are overlapping on Angel's chemical plant. (With the multiple pipes option enabled, don't know if it happens with it disabled too.)

And here's the log just in case:

https://pastebin.com/WUrrkrMQ

4 years ago

Could you please share your save?
I believe it's actually the bob's mods that are causing an issue for you.

I meticulously covered off all of angels petrochem buildings.

And, yes, I'm working on a universal fix.

4 years ago

Certainly. Note that Assembler Pipe Passthrough is disabled in this save, so you'll have to enable it manually. Couldn't get the save right after updating since I have already overwritten it - but since it happened after disabling the mod during 0.0.6 and enabling it again after updating to 0.0.8, it should be in the same conditions.

That might be Bob's but I have some doubts about it. In your changelog, you wrote: “Added Bob's Assembling Machine's compatibility”. Assemblers and Electronics Assemblers were already affected by the mod (though maybe not in the same way I guess?), and it worked without any issue prior to 0.0.6. Aside from that, I'm using a few Multi-Purpose Furnaces and 4 or 5 Electrolysers from this mod. But none of these is surrounded by pipes of different fluids so unless it's something on your end (which I doubt) it shouldn't be an issue either.

On the other hands, with Angel's being Angel's, I'm using hundreds and hundreds of Chemical Plants, sometimes tightly placed between pipes. (And unless it was absolutely required, I didn't clamp them with Picker Pipes.) So if you add four more connections, there are bound to be fluids mixing. Couldn't it cause this kind of result?

Also I just took another look at the log, and saw that your mod also affects Water Pumps and I have a lot (like, really, a lot) of these and I never built around expecting more connections to pop up so that could be the actual cause indeed.

Anyway, I'm by no means a modder, so that's just some guesses.

Aaaand the save has finished uploading. Here: https://mega.nz/#!eQcWHaCZ!Q1e3Qmdh4MKNipLceJ2IAmtHHmXovVCVjZJnlE-4xjY

(But honestly, I think I'll just blueprint everything and start over at this point. I kind of underestimated how much QoL this mod adds.)

4 years ago

I will investigate this tonight if I get time.
It looks like it might be the Water Pumps.
Will confirm and get back to you soon!

4 years ago

Sure thing, thanks.

Just wanted to add, I tried it again on a test map, with the "multiple pipes" option unchecked. There are still the icons overlapping and the connections are showing arrows for both input and output at once, at least for the chemplant. It's not happening for the rest of the buildings. I'm using Fluids Permutation so that might be the cause, just wanted to mention it but since it's only visual that's no big deal. As for the rest…

The pump has two outputs (front and back), which is awesome since it opens a lot of new possibilities. But on an existing game, where it's not rare to have that 2Ă—2 pump mashed between more pipes, that might cause some issues.

I quickly checked the rest of the buildings and they are working perfectly, even with my extensive modpack.

The chemplant however… I don't know if you made it that way on purpose or if it's a mods interaction on my end but… If we take a recipe that requires A and outputs B, that would normally give BB (front) and AA (back). But with this mod, it ends up as AB (front) and AB (back).

If it's by design, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But Assembler Pipe Passthrough was initially about adding new connections (“Adds more pipe connections”), rather than modifying existing ones. As such, having it as an option would be really helpful for both existing and new games.

Anyway, good luck with all that!

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I apologize.
It was Angels PetroChem (and possibly others in your modpack)!

I'd gone through Angel's Smelting, and thought I'd gotten them all that way.

I will quickly punch out a fix for PetroChem and this should be fixed in the next update.

4 years ago

No worries. I mean, with that kind of modpack, that kind of thing is expected. And finding what's actually causing issues gets really difficult.

I'll keep you updated on the issue once the fix is available.

4 years ago

This should be resolved for:
- Angels Smelting
- Angels Petrochem
- Angels BioProcessing
- Bobs Plates

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Okay, so I tested it. I could load my save without any issue and everything works as intended.

… Except the Chemical Furnace which is… hum… being weird? It's kind of doing the same thing as the Chemplant before: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1812032817

I'll try to explain what's happening since the screenshot is probably not enough.

As you can see, the Chemical Furnace at the right with the ingots works as intended. It has only one liquid input, and no liquid output.

The one I surrounded with pipes has one liquid input, and one liquid output. But… The arrows are all messed up, and so are the ingredients icons which are overlapping. And apparently, only one liquid (the input) is actually recognized since I can pipe it all the way without having fluids mixing preventing me to do it.

For some reason, I can't even switch the inputs/outputs with Fluids Permutation. Might be either the cause or the result of the situation… or have nothing to do with it at all.

The same thing happens with multiple pipes disabled too. With four less connections, that is.

4 years ago

Ergh.
I thought I'd caught that one.

Added to the Blacklist.
Fixed in 0.0.10

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I know that I'm just being a pain at this point but… Well…

Blast Furnace is at it this time. Not sure if it already did before 0.0.10 or if I just noticed now - thanks to a shortage of solder - since there are only two recipes (lead) which both input and output liquids.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1812960712

Those issues never happen with only a single liquid input or output (cf. assemblers, some chemfurnace recipes, and such) but nearly (?) always on those that do. Is it maybe related to the way these changes are implemented?

Edit: also happens with Arboretums, Tree Seeds Generators… and most likely any other structure which has recipes with more than one liquid.

Algae Farms were spared though.

4 years ago

I know that I'm just being a pain at this point but… Well…
No, not a pain. Helpful!

Bugger me.
I think I get them all and then whamo.

also happens with Arboretums, Tree Seeds Generators…
But but... I checked them!

Alright.
I'll add them to the exclusions.

Should be resolved for 0.0.11 fingers crossed

4 years ago

Thanks! 

I checked pretty much everything I could think of - and if I didn't think of it, I should have started to see bottlenecks in my base - and it all seems to work again, finally. But…

At the end of the day, you pretty much reverted all changes to Angel's, right? That's still better than not being able to use some important machines at all, but it's a shame.

(On a side-yet-quite-important note, I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but apparently Bob's land pumps aren't passthrough anymore since 0.0.11. As far as I can tell, and I used them a lot, they worked perfectly. The only issue was that with multiple pipes enabled things were getting… visually weird, with two lateral connections coming from literally nowhere given that the sprite is… well, a pump.)

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

(On a side-yet-quite-important note, I don't know if it was on purpose or not, but apparently Bob's land pumps aren't passthrough anymore since 0.0.11.

Hi,
This was an intentional change.
Simply because a pump shouldn't be able to pump in both directions at once, and can possibly cause unforeseen issues when used.
If you would like to re-enable it in your game, I can write a quick mod which allows this to happen, however, I am not going to add this functionality into the core mod.

4 years ago

I wouldn't want to add to your work load… but if you don't mind, I'd be really grateful.

Though as you say the pump pumping in two directions doesn't make much sense realistically, having it as a passthrough allowed some more rotations. (It's a 2Ă—2 entity, but visually it's not centered so depending on whether you place it on the left or on the right of something, some things simply are possible on one side while they aren't on the other for that sole reason.

(As for the issues, for future references, the faulty pumps - which would have caused fluids mixing - simply had their recipe removed when loading a game with the passthrough enabled. While, for instance, boilers that touched a pipe affected by a pump on the steam side were removed since the recipe can't be cleared.)

4 years ago

You're the best. You have my wholehearted gratitude.

This thread has been locked.