Armor Frames

Add armor variations for each tier with class themed abilities. Frame classes have the ability to interface with a 'Buddy' which provides extra functions on their respective class branches.

1 year, 11 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

i Tech improvement proposal

2 years ago

Hey,
nice mod, I like it and would like to add it to my upcoming Pyanodons + Rampant (and other biter stuff) playthrough ;)

Just one thing I'd love to have / something that's making me consider not adding it:
Would it be possible to add a setting for disabling the "+5% mining speed" tech upgrade(s) in the tech research?
(same with the energy version and the turret damage but I think that would be good to have, I'm afraid of the biters already xP)
I'd like to have the armor improvement but not the tech improvement for every drill and mining structure in the game, feel like it would break a part of the balance.
Do you know what I mean?

2 years ago

Hey, hi!

Sadly I don't think that decoupling the extra modifiers can be done with a toggleable mod setting. What I can do is turn the bonuses into separate techs, though. That way you can choose when or if you'd like a boost from the frame tier research.

I should have some free time the coming week and will most likely add this and some other intermediate techs that I've been playing around with. :)

2 years ago

That sounds great too! :D
Probably even better, in case I need to boost something I could just research the tech ;)
Neat, thanks :)

1 year, 11 months ago

Added the separate techs in 0.5.0 (and totally forgot to mention here). Did a playthrough with them and I like how it turned out. Thanks for the proposal!

New response