Arcotorio

Mod that adds several different tiers of arcospheres, and changes every recipe to require arcospheres and arcosphere management all throughout the game. Recipes are automatically generated, so this should be compatible with most overhaul mods.

Overhaul
2 months ago
Logistics Manufacturing

b escape of the spheres and proposal

2 months ago

The number of Arcospheres is inevitably disrupted.
I create for example, 20 pieces of stone, scissors and paper, and after several manual crafts I have 2 extra Arcospheres that come from nowhere.
Or I put 4 earth spheres and 4 water spheres in the workbench to craft gears, I loop their output/input, and after a while 7 pieces are missing.
I definitely couldn’t lose them anywhere, I checked them by searching for items in the factory and I don’t have any mods that affect crafting.

At the same time, I would like to add my opinion about the concept of the mod.
Adding Arcospheres to all crafts is clearly unnecessary. It would be nice to add a setting that would limit the requirement of Arcospheres for crafting. For example, only for science, or some more significant intermediate elements. Rocket control unit, LDS, and improved crafts to save resources. But not for all recipes in a row.
It is also worth considering adding random output switching like in SE. Let the chance of changing the recipe be small, not necessarily 50% as in the SE. Fixed results of setting them up is pretty boring IMHO.

I hope my review will help you find the right direction for the development of your mod, your idea is good and necessary. Please continue.

2 months ago

Hey Shaminehh, we’ll definitely look into the spheres disappearing. Additionally, we’ll consider adding options to only affect specific recipes

2 months ago

If you don't mind, I'll address your points in order

1) I'm not sure how the quantity of Arcos are being offset, considering recipe prototypes are immutable once the game has loaded. I will take a look and do some testing. Are you experiencing this when using the Arcofolder and/or handcrafting? To be clear, the base screenshots here on the portal are from my own base, and I never ran into any issues
2) It is unnecessary but it is also supposed to be a challenge mod, and this is the most basic form of it. We have several plans on adding difficulty settings to increase and decrease how prevalent and difficult the Arcos are integrated into the recipes, and I believe we already planned on doing what you suggested.
3) I like idea three, it may disable usability of some mods/mod suites do to possibly hitting the recipe limit of Factorio (65535 iirc) which is pretty high but not impossible to hit if were talking about adding 2 or 3 recipes per recipe. I'm also spitballing here since I don't know how SE implements it, but if I need to check every single machine in the game every tick to see if its time to switch the recipe, it could get laggy. If we limited it to specifically folding recipes, that would be more doable but not my favorite, since I want Arco usage and processing to be scalable for mega-factory reasons.

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it!

2 months ago

I can demonstrate the moment of error by sending a video by email. And here I can only give you a screenshot, where you can see that I crafted 20 units more than I consumed after a certain number of crafts in my hands. I tried to keep all the Arcos in balance, but there are surpluses that I put on the ground for clarity, and the original 20 units remain in my inventory.
I guess it's quite difficult to create the effect of a random crafting result, but current Arcospheres of even the highest order are quite easy to balance by connecting all Arcofolders to one large storage, and players will use this simple solution. Therefore, this needs to be fixed somehow.

https://prnt.sc/sO4shmsI2OpA
https://prnt.sc/RGluGwx_WHay

2 months ago

I am on the Factorio Discord if you wanted to DM me the video on discord, My username there is just Arch, I have the green content creator role so you'll know its me. I am hesitant to put an email here in the discussion thread, and I'm unsure of how to DM you an email otherwise.
I can see your screenshots, and I checked my own production statistics and you're right they have de-synced, but I cant see how or why, since all of my build are still running without over or under filling

2 months ago

Your discord account is closed by privacy settings and I cannot send you a video. Let's do without them, I'll try to describe the reasons that seem to me to be causing a bug with the number of Arcospheres.
I suspect: manual creation of items when there is a shortage of Arcospheres/creation of Arcospheres when there is a queue of manual creation/creation of Arcospheres causes secondary creation of Arcospheres and loops this process.
Manual crafting with a small number of Arcospheres seems to force recipes to create unnecessary items due to errors.

2 months ago

What a strange problem, can you give me the list of mods you have installed? I mentioned this before, I never noticed any deviations in input/output counts during my play-through, and you are the only person to mention this so far, so I'm wondering if you have another mod that might be causing problems?

2 months ago

Here is a list of active mods with which the bug was noticed
https://prnt.sc/pV1aesXECxX3

New response