Arachnophobia

by Kirazy

Provides configuration options to make the Spidertron playable for arachnophobic players. By default, hides the legs of the Spidertron, displaying laser-pointers at the feet. Includes new options to customize the color of the eyes, the number of the eyes and lights, and to change the number of legs, allowing players to remove up to six legs as an alternative to making them invisible.

Tweaks
4 months ago
1.0 - 1.1

i [Implemented] Creppy Eyes

3 years ago

This is great! Thank you for making this!

I would love an option to completely replace the sprite with something else. The floating head still has creepy eyes to me.

3 years ago

Maybe the eyes would be less creepy in light-blue or cyan? A recolor would be easy to implement.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I am not a modeler, so any replacement would be kind-of like the arachnophobia mode from Satisfactory where it's a static image.

I can also tweak the spritesheets for the torso but removing some of the eyes (they'd become just metal bumps on the torso) or changing the color.

For example:

Or both color and changing the number of active eyes. Both are easy enough to accomplish.

3 years ago

Removing the number of eyes seems to do it for me. The first one in the row you posted is the least scray.

Being able to change the colors would be fun, but turning off all but one of the eyes would be my choice.

3 years ago

The latest updates provides the options needed to do what you're looking for. :)

You can have just the single primary eye in a more friendly color, if you choose.

3 years ago

Amazing! Thank you so much!

3 years ago

I want to help support your mod. Does Factorio have a like or upvote feature?

3 years ago

Not to my knowledge.

3 years ago

Well I'd still like to contribute somehow. I don't suppose you're looking for help or collaboration with your mods? I have a decent skillset in game development and would be interested in applying that to Factorio mods.

3 years ago

Which skills in particular?

New response