by ElAdamo

More work.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Manufacturing

b Mod gets disabled

4 years ago

Failed to load mods: Error while running setup for entity prototype "adamo-cinefaction-reaction-kettle" (assembling-machine): Invalid fluid pipe connections: connections must all be at least 1 tile distance from each other.
assembling-machine fluidbox 1 connection 1 ends up being the same tile as assembling-machine fluidbox 1 connection 2.

Mods to be disabled:
• adamo-cinefaction
• assembler-pipe-passthrough
• attach-notes
• Will-o-the-Wisps_updated

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

All of the fluid connections in my definition are valid. Looks to me like assembler-pipe-passthrough is trying to add more pipe connections to the reaction kettle prototype, causing a collision. Sorry, but there's nothing I can change in my prototype to fix this without reducing functionality of the machine. I'm not sure why EnigmaticAussie thinks it's a good idea to apply passthrough pipes to all assembling machine prototypes (I just confirmed in his code he is doing this), but this seems like a bad idea because it is bound to cause exactly this problem. My mod will have to be black-listed on his end for you to be able to use both mods at the same time. Thanks for letting me know.

4 years ago

Thank you for the quick and detailed reply. I'll request that he blacklist your mod!

4 years ago

but this seems like a bad idea because it is bound to cause exactly this problem

That is also why the blacklist exists.

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/assembler-pipe-passthrough/faq

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

I'll add that on the next update, EnigmaticAussie.

New response