AAI Vehicles: Miner

A set of mining and excavation vehicles that can quickly mine solid resources such as coal, stone, ores, etc. They also harvest any trees in their path (and can consume the wood as fuel). The miners can be used standalone, or and can act autonomously if programmed with the AAI Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
25 days ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Mining

b Infinite Resource's Minimum Yield % is ignored, miner depletes resources to 0%

5 years ago

When using angel's infinite resources and any miner vehicle variation, the minimum yield set in angel's mod is ignored by the miner, and it'll deplete resources to 0%.
Tested in 0.16.37

5 years ago

Mods that drastically change the standard mining model aren't currently supported.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Similar problem with infinite patches created by Deep Core Mining. Miners continue to mine those patches and slowly deplete them, making Deep Core Mining mod useless (I can still use deep cracks but I'm not at that level yet).
I love your AAI mods and I finally managed get to the point I somewhat streamlined setting up outposts (getting multiple miners to work on one field is rather complicated).
Could you at least add an option to disable fluid mining (or tell us how to do it ourselves by editing files)? I'm slowly at the point where I can use MK4 miners (MK5 won't be available to me until I launch at least one rocket) and I'd hate to have to go back to heavy-polluting electric drills :(

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

I have my own personal mod that replaces random vanilla patches with Infinite Resource versions, I know you stated it's not supported, but I think it could be implemented.

Looking at function "mine_resource" in control.lua starting around line 441 (in my editor as of "version": "0.3.5" of this mod) I think you can easily fix the issue of going beyond the "min_amount" by simply setting 'amount_remaining' to "proto.minimum_resource_amount" if it's below it.

I'll be making this change to my local version of the mod, however I hope that helps you in resolving this bug. As I know my solution that I will be implementing for myself and my friends probably won't take into account of the %yield chance for randomized returns from mining.

EDIT:
I am also enjoying this mod, and AAI: Hauler.