AAI Vehicles: Miner

A set of mining and excavation vehicles that can quickly mine solid resources such as coal, stone, ores, etc. They also harvest any trees in their path (and can consume the wood as fuel). The miners can be used standalone, or and can act autonomously if programmed with the AAI Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Mining

g Please think on this for future updates.

7 years ago

Wow, I got on here just to comment on this mods unbalance. Balance is key for mods in my games.
A: Nerf the mining speed.
B: Huge increase in resources to be made.
C: Increase tech research cost.

One or several of these need to happen. I very much like the sprites, the way these can be driven up to inserters. They are fun to drive as well. I would enjoy higher tiers of them being able to move a little faster too. Very nice work here. I do hope these get updated and rebalanced in the future.

7 years ago

Mining speed was reduced by 25% this week.
Resource cost was increased.
Technologies to unlock were added.
Another balance factor to consider is that miner vehicles have increased pollution over static miners so may be less desirable in some situations.

Please feed back on the current state (version 0.1.9) as I'm considering another mining speed reduction and cost increase.

7 years ago

I agree, this thing is super overpowered (using latest 0.1.11). At the least, how about releasing a second version of the mod that is balanced and fits (ie, even the mkI should need engines...)? While there may be instructions out there for how to modify this for oneself, I know many people feel uncomfortable doing so and so would probably skip over this if they felt they didn't like the balance. That and I'm assuming that any updates that would be released would override one's changes.

Otherwise, remove it as a dependency for AAI Programmable Vehicles so that mod at least will work without this one.

5 years ago

The dependency is removed and the mining speed is now a mod option.