AAI Vehicles: Miner

A set of mining and excavation vehicles that can quickly mine solid resources such as coal, stone, ores, etc. They also harvest any trees in their path (and can consume the wood as fuel). The miners can be used standalone, or and can act autonomously if programmed with the AAI Programmable Vehicles mod.

Content
a month ago
0.14 - 1.1
Transportation Mining

g Good idea but...

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Like the idea but I think the fuel consumption is too fast and the mining too slow. It's too much of a hassle to bother with compared to mining the normal way.

7 years ago

Also is there functionality with bob's, youkais, homeworld, angel's,uraniumpower/nucular etc etc?

7 years ago

yea its slow if the speed was up on the mining speed it would be amazing.

7 years ago

It should work with all mods ores.
Right now it functions with the power of 4 burner miners and has the fuel consumption rate of 3 (when actually mining). What mining speed do you think it needs to be more useful?
I could add a Miner MK2 with more efficiency and mining speed.

7 years ago

id go with the adding a mk2 mk3 and mk4 model possibly a mk5 similar to how bob does his miners

7 years ago

Adding better, faster versions would be nice. Really anything that would be useful in the mid-late game. Having only four burner power is kinda pointless imo.

7 years ago

How hard would it be to add an electric version?

7 years ago

All the vehicles in Programmable Vehicles already end up with an internal energy supply so it's half way to being electric-capable. At some point the hauler will be able to charge somehow and deliver energy to other vehicles so it can charge miners and other front-line vehicles. I still need to figure out how it will all fit together though.

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

An electric miner would be nice, but the speed needs to be faster than burner miners in general. This is a mod they are meant to break games ;P. There is a mod called "Bucket Wheel Excavator" The Mk 3 version can mine a 12 by 12 area in a couple minutes. even if you don't want to go at that speed a mobile miner should go faster than a couple of burner miners make it a couple of electric miners or faster. This is piece of advanced tech that people want to use... Make it POWERFUL!!!

7 years ago

my miner is going haywire it keeps going after random deposits... mostly iron but i have the building set to coal. Its also just driving over empty patches of dirt??? no marks on anything but coal...

7 years ago

Can anyone of you smart people do something of a short video or the like showing how you get the miner to mine on its own? I am not capable of making it do anything if I'm not driving it myself. The blueprint example on the forum is not working for me, keep getting unknown virtual signal name when trying to import it

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

Can anyone of you smart people do something of a short video or the like showing how you get the miner to mine on its own? I am not capable of making it do anything if I'm not driving it myself. The blueprint example on the forum is not working for me, keep getting unknown virtual signal name when trying to import it

Sounds like a bug, did you download/install directly from the game? Maybe a conflicting mod? As for using it I literally just set it on an ore field and forgot it, only checking back to refuel and empty the load. Then again I wasn't using the program vehicles mod.

7 years ago

Sounds like a bug, did you download/install directly from the game? Maybe a conflicting mod? As for using it I literally just set it on an ore field and forgot it, only checking back to refuel and empty the load. Then again I wasn't using the program vehicles mod.

Yeah defenitly a bug. Me! Missed like 3 dependencies :) Downloaded them and now it's working just fine. Thank you and sorry

7 years ago

What are the dependencies? It only say "base"mod depencency.

Awesome mod btw. I really like mining vehicles in factorio.

7 years ago

Thanks. There are no dependencies for the miner vehicle specifically, but it can be automated if you also have the aai-programmable-vehicles mod (which does have dependencies).

7 years ago

FYI I have started working on some miner upgrades that will be much more powerful.

7 years ago

So many complaints about the speed and fuel use! OMG, it so easy to fix! I made it ungodly, dropped a few on a ore patch and depleted it in a very short amount of time.

Fun set of mods. Though the transport vehicles bug me to no end with their swapping cargo.

7 years ago

Miner vehicles MK 2, 3, 4, and 5 have been released. They and much more powerful and all have unique graphics.

7 years ago

Miner vehicles MK 2, 3, 4, and 5 do not interact with haulers, or is this a local problem on my machine?

7 years ago

That's a problem with the programmable vehicles mod not setting the unit data defaults properly. I will fix that now.

7 years ago

Update to the latest version of aai-programmable-vehicles to fix the cause of the miner MK2-5 transfer issue. You will need to redeploy the vehicle for it to get the new defaults.

7 years ago

Wow, that was a fast fix, i´m impressed on how quick u addressed that issue. I tested it on my machine after the update and now the transfer between the hauler and all tiers of miners works.

Also i noticed the Miners always have exhaust fumes active, even if they do nothing(might be intended). The Hauler seems to have high end exhaust fume cleaning mechanism working (no smoke at all:) ).

Another strange behavior is that the miners seem to have flickering track and front tool animation which occur in pulses of one second. This can be seen on all tiers of miners and might be necessary for reasons i dont understand cause im no modder. Also the animation of the front tools of all miners is bound to the movement of the miner but stops when the miner is actually working which is confusing me a bit :).

However, pls dont be offended by my mentionings, i know modding is hard work and some things may not be possible. This mod and the whole AAI-Mod-Series is awesome and u did a realy nice job here, so thank you for your work.

7 years ago

The miner animation is supposed to always play at full speed but I can't get it to work that way because of the way that factorio handles vehicle animations. I've tried artificially altering the miner speed while stationary to try and make the animation play but it's locked to the movement speed.