Wire Shortcuts

by daydev

Removes red and green wires as craftable items and makes them available as shortcuts, similar to blueprints and planners. Let them clutter your inventory no more! Additionally, adds a shortcut to pick up a copper wire for the rare instances when it's necessary. Also includes a wire cutter selection tool to quickly remove all wires in an area.

Utilities
1 year, 7 days ago
0.17 - 1.1

g [Not a Bug] Copper Wire Shortcut doesn't work with IR2

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Since the copper wire shortcut requires Electronics, and Industrial Revolution 2 changes the technologies, "Electronics" doesn't exist.
Looking at the tech tree, I believe the copper wire shortcut should be enabled after researching Steam Power if Industrial Revolution 2 is installed.

EDIT: Nvm, I just saw the changelog referring to using /unlock-shortcut-bar command

2 years ago

Yes, there will be no special compatibility with IR, the command doesn't affect achievements, so there's really no need. I'm glad you found it.

2 years ago

Could this be made automatic and smart by looking for techs that unlock power poles (for copper wire) and circuit wires?

2 years ago

Perhaps hypothetically, but that seems like a whole lot of fragile complexity for no real reason. This situation comes up extremely rarely: only select other mods remove Electronics, and then the achievement safe console command built into the game is right there.

New response